April 19, 2024, 09:34:28 PM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

Sapero's Windows include files(History)

Started by Ionic Wind Support Team, May 23, 2006, 02:09:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kryton9

sapero

Pistol has found a ),; bug in sdl subfolder and reported it. I've fixed this one and removed all other :)
This download is optional.
[** - Link Remove - **

kryton9

Sapero, I don't know if you have ebasic, but do you plan on porting over your includes to it at some time?

pistol350

Hi Kryton9!
Me as well would like to see that, since such work would set far more doors open to Emergence.
However, a great amount of work has been done to convert all those Headers from C/C++ to Aurora syntax and having do to that again and port all those files to Emergence syntax seems a too big challenge for me.  :-\
Putting myself in Sapero's shoes, i realize that i would probably not do it.
Anyway, that's my point of view. ;)

Regards!
Peter.
Regards,

Peter B.

kryton9

No doubt it is a huge job. Well Emergence it new yet, I am sure in time we will see conversions of the popular libraries.

Techno

Separo

Where can I download the last include files for Aurora?
I have the only old files, and I have need the last include files version

Thanks

srvaldez

sapero, you might consider using MediaFire to host your files, you don't have to jump trough hoops to download a file.
http://www.mediafire.com/

sapero

August 10, 2007, 01:27:11 PM #82 Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 01:48:31 PM by sapero
I knew mediafire, but the transfer was always slow.
[** - Link Remove - ** version 1715 - added lua and twain, WIA scanner example, plus some include fixups
[** - Link Remove - **

Todd Riggins

I noticed the duplication of directx variables problem no longer exist, thanks Sapero!

I feel this need to create a graphics library... yet again!  ::)

Programming DirectX with 100% Aurora code is freak'n awsome
Brought to you buy: http://www.exodev.com

Ionic Wind Support Team

Yeah it is nice to be able to access COM in a more natural way. 
Ionic Wind Support Team

Todd Riggins

Yeah, I keep wondering what your 3d engine would look like in Aurora code out of curiousity.
Brought to you buy: http://www.exodev.com

sapero

September 21, 2007, 03:57:06 PM #86 Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 04:06:57 PM by sapero
[** - Link Remove - **
stats: - 20828 imports
-   175 unions
-  1837 enums
-  8563 structures
-    93 classes
-  5508 interfaces
- 14462 externals (like GUID)
-  3505 constants
-     7 exports
-   103 subs
-    28 methods

fixed POINTS struct, added a lot of new headers, only 260 left.
For debugging guys: added DIA headers from VS2005 - very easy COM library for pdb files.
Added also few synchronous socket examples

pistol350

Great stuff and also a great amount of work done  :o
Keep up Sapero.

Cheers,
Peter
Regards,

Peter B.

sapero

I've just started with porting the headers for Emergence. The first package v1710 contains only the basic includes - windows (all), stdio, conio, stdlib, shlwapi.
The crt includes are linking with the standard import library _crtdll.
download link: [** - Link Remove - **

Note: you already have a huge windows.inc file. Please rename it if you want to keep it.
Now I don't know how to continue this thread for EB. Maybe Paul will create new thread with local download link in EB forum, and then move this topic.

Barney

Thank you for starting EBasic translation, sapero. Much appreciated.  :)

Yes. It would be great if EBasic part of this thread moves to EBasic forums.

Barney

pistol350

Cheers Sapero 8)

That's really great!
Ebasic Users are really spoilt these days  ;D
Regards,

Peter B.

sapero

Really I do not have idea where to put this installer for Emergence. The roundtable - share your code - no...
By the way here comes second release:[** - Link Remove - **
Installer version 1.8, headers 1.1. Install settings are now saved in the registry subkey %EB%/HdrInst.
Added 3MB of headers - a monstrum handwork for this day. Time for relax :)

sapero

I've just released the final headers pak, both for Aurora and Emergence. Some (16) headers are still missing (mapi classes).
The pak for Emergence can be downloaded from [** - Link Remove - **
The pak for Aurora has been uploaded to free file hosting service - I was unable to upload about 8MB zip to the remository with my 32KB/s uplink.

[** - Link Remove - **

Barney

Great work, Sapero. Thank you very much!

Barney

sapero

April 29, 2008, 08:27:57 AM #94 Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 01:00:30 PM by sapero
Here comes the next pak with wlan api, disphelper, some bugfixes, and the source of my instaler (Aurora pak only).

In the Emergence pak, i have first copied all from Aurora, then do a find/replace in files. This was very bad idea because i've forget about interface pointers, so every interface pointer was replaced with "pointer" (bug).
All interface bugs files included by windows.inc are now fixed, the interface pointers are replaced with "comref" or (only inside structures) with interface name

Aurora Headers 29 apr 2008
[** - Link Remove - **

EBasic Headers 29 apr 2008
[** - Link Remove - **

pistol350

Hi Sapero.
For some strange reason, both of executables crash when i run them.  ???

Does anyone else have this same problem ?
Regards,

Peter B.

sapero

I'm sorry for this, did not restored the winstartup.o file from a lite version. Please re-download.

pistol350

Thank you for the release and the fixes.

8)
Regards,

Peter B.

sapero

A bug has been found in OLE STGMEDIUM structure (search in objidl.inc). It is not so important, but without type casting my latest drag-drop experiment did not compile.

Aurora:struct STGMEDIUM
{
DWORD tymed;
union
{
HBITMAP        hBitmap;
HMETAFILEPICT  hMetaFilePict;
HENHMETAFILE   hEnhMetaFile;
HGLOBAL        hGlobal;
LPWSTR         lpszFileName;
IStream       *pstm;
IStorage      *pstg;
}
IUnknown *pUnkForRelease;
}

EBasic:type STGMEDIUM
DWORD tymed
union
HBITMAP       hBitmap
HMETAFILEPICT hMetaFilePict
HENHMETAFILE  hEnhMetaFile
HGLOBAL       hGlobal
LPWSTR        lpszFileName
IStream       pstm
IStorage      pstg
endunion
IUnknown pUnkForRelease
endtype

sapero

July 27, 2008, 01:54:23 PM #99 Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 06:49:02 AM by sapero
Next upload fixes missing lines in Emergence headers, hidden by invalid multiline comment created by find/replace in files. Eg. missing StopBits from struct DCB.
Fixed two imported fuctions in DhcpCSdk.inc - variable lenght parameter DHCPCAPI_PARAMS_ARRAY should be passed by value.

Emergence:
[** - Link Remove - **

Aurora:
[** - Link Remove - **

Note about bass.inc - be sure to backup this file if you already have newer than 2.2. In the next release, my bass.inc will be renamed to bass22, bass24 ...