April 29, 2024, 10:53:02 AM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

CCL Source License

Started by Zen, January 25, 2006, 12:36:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zen

January 25, 2006, 12:36:15 PM Last Edit: January 27, 2006, 04:23:38 AM by Lewis
Hi all. I am offering the complete source code for the Common Class Library (including all future updates and new classes) for $25. You will recieve access to the online source database, aswell as the abbility to contribute to it also. I have setup a paypal link for anyone who is interested.

There are currently 103 source files for CCL.

If anyone has any questions, please e-mail me or send me a PM.

Buy CCL Source

Lewis

Zen

Lars Viklund is the first buyer (hopefully a happy one ;))

Thanks a lot for your purchase.

Lewis

Parker

Just a note, this is a very early version of the CCL. I'm sure by the time it's at version 1.0 there will be even more classes implemented than are listed currently.

Also every class function resides in its own source file and each class has its own folder, so it should be fairly easy to follow :).

Doc

I'll probably grab a copy of your source before too long... all the friction and heat generated while *wildly* yanking my credit card out (in the last few minutes) earlier today, means it's time to let my wallet cool off a bit first....  ::)

-Doc-

Zen

He He. No problem Doc. I know that feeling.

Lewis

Zen

Steve Eberbach Has also joined the team.

Thanks a lot Steve, much appreciated.

Lewis

Rock Ridge Farm (Larry)

Are you going to  have a re-seller program :)

Shannara

I may grab a copy, but would like to know what is included before buying :) You stated 103 source files, but ... what is included? FTP? String functions? etc?
Love is staying up all night with a sick child, or a healthy adult.

Parker

Currently the source includes all classes that come with the install. But as I said above, more will come. I'm thinking about doing a wizard type class for dialogs so you can do pages easily.

The reason there are so many files is all the classes' functions have their own file. Which makes a smaller compile and hopefully is easier to understand. FTP will come later, for now it's just raw internet, the string functions include convert to unicode (UTF-16), from UTF-16, and the unicode string length function. And the dynamic string class will be included when Lewis gets it.

MySQL is being worked on at the moment, and I just got my windows installation back so I'll be writing some more classes pretty soon.

QuoteAre you going to  have a re-seller program :)
The CCL is going to remain free, although the source code will come with a charge. Lewis is handling the sales and I get half since I'm half the team ;)
So I don't believe anyone else is going to be able to sell the source, but feel free to tell anyone about the CCL. Of course it requires Aurora (or assembly but it'd be a bit akward to use).

Zen

Hmm i think Parker said just about what i said. Obviously, it is a one off price and that gives you updates for life. You can also help contribute to the source once you have purchased it. There will be a website coming soon with the soure management system etc.

I doubt there will be a reseller program as it is only $25 and that is split evenly between me and parker. In the future if CCL takes off and we have a lot more classes then the price may go up, however this will not affect pre-purchased customers.

Every day now i think of new ideas for classes for CCL, so who knows where it will go. Hopefully a long way.

Lewis

Zen

Thanks also to Johan Klassen. Thank you everyone for your contributions

Lewis

Shannara

January 27, 2006, 05:02:24 PM #11 Last Edit: January 29, 2006, 11:16:31 PM by Sync
Oki dok, I sent a payment from ((snip)). Though my contact email address is ((snip)) :)

Parker

Thank you, it's very much appreciated. Lewis is in charge of handling purchases so it'll be sent out shortly.

Zen

Hi Sync. Thanks a lot. Its on its way now.

Lewis

Rock Ridge Farm (Larry)

I plan on ordering - just got to wait a bit - wife wants to know what all this Aurora stuff is I keep buyin  :-\

Zen

He He. I just dont tell my girlfriend. Then again i guess thats the joy of her not having a joint bank account and she doesnt read my bank statements ;)

Lewis

Shannara

Heh, well I told my wife that the share I bought into would help in the long run, and gave her a history of IBasic and Paul T. stressing this is a sound investment :) (The share part), the CCL part was just .. well, come on, sources always help :)

Parker

Of course Aurora is some type of new telescope technology that's going to let you enjoy lots of pretty pictures of the northern lights. All you need is an investment in the company and a few source code licenses ::)

Zen

Well at least you get to the part where you mention what source code is. If i get that far i know im on a roll.

Lewis

Zen

Shannara

Quote from: Parker on January 28, 2006, 10:55:34 AM
Of course Aurora is some type of new telescope technology that's going to let you enjoy lots of pretty pictures of the northern lights. All you need is an investment in the company and a few source code licenses ::)

Lol what? that didnt make sense.

Bruce Peaslee

My wife - computer literate but not a programmer - wanted a share. She thinks my enthusiasm is an indicator of future profit.
Bruce Peaslee
"Born too loose."
iTired (There's a nap for that.)
Well, I headed for Las Vegas
Only made it out to Needles

Zen

I think parker was making a humerous excuse to buy Aurora. Meaning Aurora, as in Aurora Borealis (Northern Lights)

Lewis

Parker

QuoteLol what? that didnt make sense.

http://www.ionicwind.com/forums/index.php?topic=4.0

It's where the name came from, just a story to say "no, of course I'm not buying more computer stuff". But it's a pretty bad story, no one would believe it. That's why it was supposed to be funny.

There are a bunch of jokes that I don't get too ;)

Zen

I dont dare crack jokes here because most of the people are from the US. Im afraid if i tell a joke there will be just tumbleweed flying past people's screens. Strange though i find US humor funny but a lot of people from the US dont find british humor funny.

Lewis

P.S. Buy CCL ;D