March 28, 2024, 11:54:10 AM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

Sapero's Windows include files(History)

Started by Ionic Wind Support Team, May 23, 2006, 02:09:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sapero

I don't think it will be working, because there are c++ wrapper classes, keept commented for a reference.

fasecero

Ok, Sapero. I'm using the GDI+ flat Api declarations. It works wonderful.

sapero

I have released updated set of headers, and modified the installer to support new IWBasic registry keys.

** - Link Removed - **

ExMember001

Just to mention that the installer crash on my computer when it reach system32 libs installation but the headers seems to be ok

sapero

Could you provide crash/exception address from the crash-box (or from event log)?

ExMember001

i have no crash report... except the box that said Windows trying to resolve the problem then close the program
everytime i try to reinstall the headers i have this crash

sapero

November 10, 2010, 05:12:34 AM #156 Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 08:06:01 AM by sapero
I have added a simple crash dialog with exception address, information and callstack. It should display the missing information.
The included .dbg file should be extracted to the same directory to make the callstack more user-friendly.

** - Link Removed - ** with SetErrorMode SEM_FAILCRITICALERRORS|SEM_NOOPENFILEERRORBOX. This version should ensure that file errors are returned to the application instead to the user.

ckoehn

I agree with KrYpt.  My computer did the same thing.  The installer would quit functioning when it got to the system32 lib installation.  I did have admin priv selected.

Clint

ExMember001

ok now with this versions i have no more crash and no crash dialog box...
everything going ok

ExMember001

but when i close the installer i have now this message... im on vista:

This program need msvcp50.dll which is no more include with this version of windows

sapero

msvcp50.dll is not referenced, not even loaded in this installer. Maybe you have installed something buggy that is hooking other apps and does some things when a program quits.
While this new error message is displayed, check your task manager to see, if some other application tries to run. If you are an Process Explorer maniac like me, have a look at callstack of all threads in this installer - which function is running while this error is displayed?

Anyway you can uncheck "install redistributable dll" because the two dlls will not change frequently. If you keep it checked, the installer will try to access system directory.
I know that system directory is for the system only. PATH environment should be used for additional libraries, but probably no one configured a system wide shared directory for dlls. I have one "binaries" directory (away from my C drive), and instead copying all my tools and dlls to /system32, I copy them to that extra directory.

ckoehn

Sapero,  that one installed fine for me on Win7 x64.

Thanks

Ficko

Same installed fine on Windows7-64. :D

Thnak You!

sapero

November 15, 2010, 06:51:18 AM #163 Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 08:21:35 AM by sapero
I have updated it again: fixed case in all conditional $ifndef (to lower case), and restored interfaces in ocidl.inc back to Emergence syntax.
Added default implementation for SHCreateMemStream function from shlwapi.inc (available on XP).

Get it here: ** - Link Removed - **

sapero

Newest upload :)
Added 110 missing guids to sdkincludes.lib, fixed typos in 10 headers.

Get it here: ** - Link Removed - **

LarryMc

After installing the new headers my functions to read/write ini files no longer work.
Instead of reading the desired value or the default value I always get 0.

I tried it with a test program that worked fine before installing the new headers but doesn't after a recompile with the new headers.

Spent all afternoon trying to find bug in my program that was causing it and finally saw that it was something with the new headers.

LarryMc
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

sapero

The following code is working for me:$define WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN
$include "windowssdk.inc"

' %SYSTEMROOT%\win.ini
print GetPrivateProfileIntA( "Mail",  "MAPI",-1,  "win.ini")
print GetPrivateProfileIntW(L"Mail", L"MAPI",-1, L"win.ini")
$ifdef __IWVER__
print GetPrivateProfileInt (T"Mail", T"MAPI",-1, T"win.ini")
$else
print GetPrivateProfileInt ( "Mail",  "MAPI",-1,  "win.ini")
$endif

' read a missing value
print GetPrivateProfileIntA( "Mail",  "xxxx",-1,  "win.ini")
print GetPrivateProfileIntW(L"Mail", L"xxxx",-1, L"win.ini")
$ifdef __IWVER__
print GetPrivateProfileInt (T"Mail", T"xxxx",-1, T"win.ini")
$else
print GetPrivateProfileInt ( "Mail",  "xxxx",-1,  "win.ini")
$endif

Could you post your not working example?

LarryMc

November 30, 2010, 06:04:44 AM #167 Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 11:16:23 AM by Larry McCaughn
"works fine in EB but no longer works in IWB"

when I wrote that it should have told me it wasn't the headers.

the problem is in the alpha version of IWB 2.0 which I will post elsewhere

Sorry Sapero!

LarryMc
LarryMc
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

sapero

Here is the pak for IWBasic 2.0. It contains mostly fixes for the new 2.0 compiler, but you'll find also the newest sqlite header (previous file renamed to sqlite3.1.212.inc).

** - Link Removed - **

BumbleBee

fasecero

Hi, Sapero.

Is there a chance to add the IExplorerBrowser Interface to the SDK headers in the future?

Sorry to bother you, Thanks.

sapero

It will be added soon, thanks for requesting!

sapero

March 29, 2011, 04:54:15 PM #172 Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 05:27:18 PM by sapero
This is the latest update for all the recent changes in IWBasic 2.0.
* Strict option will not show so many warnings for commonly used headers
* sdkddkver.inc added,
* new shobjidl.inc and shlobj.inc from Window 7 SDK (interface IExplorerBrowser)
* active PshPack*.inc and PopPack.inc headers added (new option "pack push/pop/default/show/number")
After including PshPack1.inc, the default packing for structures will change to 1, and the previous packing will be saved on compiler's stack. Do not forget to include PopPack.inc before exiting from current header/source file, otherwise the Strict option, if active, will warn you that the packing has been not restored, or that Push count does not match Pop count.

** - Link Removed - **

Note: the new packing extension will be available with the next compiler update.

EDIT: added Bold style :)

sapero

Yep, 2.0 again ;D
File: C:\__iwb2devf\include\shtypes.inc (170) Error: a) CONST/DATA unsupported operation
What's wrong there? I have:
$if (_WIN32_IE >= _WIN32_IE_IE60SP2) ' ---- line 138 ----
[...]
typedef PERCEIVEDFLAG DWORD

$endif  ' _WIN32_IE_IE60SP2

$if (NTDDI_VERSION >= NTDDI_VISTA) ' ---- line 170 ----
type COMDLG_FILTERSPEC
    LPCWSTR pszName
LPCWSTR pszSpec
endtype

LarryMc

March 29, 2011, 07:47:52 PM #174 Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 07:49:58 PM by LarryMc
I don't have a clue other than for some reason it doesn't like a) in the $if statement.

The entry on line 138 doesn't have an a) ; it has a 2)

LarryMc
LarryMc