April 25, 2024, 03:19:02 PM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

Annoying Bug

Started by Zen, September 11, 2006, 07:06:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zen

Ok. So this bug or whatever it is has been buggin me for so long. I dont have a clue why i never mentioned it before though.

Basicly on my laptop, unless i am compiling in project mode, whenever i compile a source file, unless i open the compile dialog every time (so no using the re-compile button) it compiles my executable to C:\Documents And Settings\Lewis Lambert.exe ???

I have no idea why it is doing this either. If i say No! compile to my desktop something.exe it will, but when i click re-compile it just puts it back to the C:\Documents And Settings\Lewis Lambert.exe.

However this only happens on my laptop. I have the same user account on my pc and laptop (Lewis Lambert) and therfore the paths are the same also. So it cant be anything to do with the IDE processing the path incorrectly. Im not sure when this started doin it but it hasnt always done it and IBasic Pro works ok. I've uninstalled it, re-installed it numerous times, regedited my laptop and removed any traces etc.

If anyone has any ideas or if this has happened to anyone else it would be good to know. Other than that i think its a form job for me because its that annoying!

Lewis

sapero

I have similar problem with dll extension - compiling single source file as dll with renamed extension to .wcx (for totalcmd).
First build is ok, every next produces .dll

Ionic Wind Support Team

Hmm.  Everything works here in single compile mode. 

Try deleteing the .opts file.
Ionic Wind Support Team

Parker

I had a problem previously creating first.p.dll, it would revert to first.dll. If I get the problem again I'll delete the .opts file and see if that helps.

Zen

I've tried deleting them, not deleting them and... well everything i think lol. To be honest i hardly ever use single source compilation though, Always projects now but sometimes, like with example programs and other peoples source code it gets very tedious.

Lewis