April 18, 2024, 05:17:08 PM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

Info Only Update 07-27-2012

Started by LarryMc, July 27, 2012, 08:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryMc

In order to speed up the process the new IDE is currently in beta testing.
Bruce Peaslee has been so kind to volunteer to be a beta tester.
Hopefully this will shorten the amount of time till we actually release the 2.x version.

In my last update I mentioned I had a bug where the menu bar would disappear sometimes.
Twice I thought I had it fixed only to discover another situation where it would happen.

Through a massive amount of trial and error I have discovered I can resolve all the issues as long as the project and output windows are closed.
I quit the IDE program  and started playing with the mdidemo in order to come up with another scheme for displaying the project and output windows without causing my current problems.
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

LarryMc

discovered that if I changed those two windows to non-modal dialogs that ALL my flickering problems went away.
did have to rework a bunch of code to convert to dialogs.  Mostly had to do with where controls were created and where they were configured.
Has been rock solid since as far as flickers go.

While testing the above I found that my dynamic menu editors (Tools and Help) weren't updating properly.  Had to close the idE and reopen to get the changes to appear.  All that use to work.

Finally tripped over a subclass rountine Sapero had provided to cure problems with the MDI client window.  I had added it when I was trying to cure the flicker problem.  When I removed it then my menu editors when back to working correctly.

So.....
I'm now back to working on the resource editor, finally...
LarryMc
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

LarryMc

Finished the Resource Editor code.

Currently working on a couple of other bugs Bruce has identified.
LarryMc