March 28, 2024, 12:53:47 PM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

Error in Compiling

Started by J B Wood (Zumwalt), May 09, 2011, 12:40:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J B Wood (Zumwalt)

May 09, 2011, 12:40:42 PM Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 01:05:29 PM by J B Wood (Zumwalt)
I am in the process of updating the header file for my B3DSDK integration, got the following error, which makes no sense since I only have 1 include in the header and it is my include file which worked before in prior versions of Aurora:

Compiling...
headers
nasm: error: more than one input file specified
type `nasm -h' for help
Error(s) in assembling "C:\Users\XXX\Documents\Downloads\Blitz\B3DSDK\B3DSDK\headers.asm"
b3dsdk
type `nasm -h' for help
Error(s) in assembling "C:\Users\XXX\Documents\Downloads\Blitz\B3DSDK\B3DSDK\b3dsdk.asm"

Anyone ran across this yet or have an idea?

DominiqueB

i've had the same error onece:

i had to delete the project file and to recreate it completly.

This was after updating aurora, and then after recrated project, all whent ok.

Dominique

J B Wood (Zumwalt)

Thanks! That helped, but something new, my code currently has:

#autodefine "off"
#use "b3d.lib"

So it should look in the executable folder for the lib file, but instead it is looking:
Linking...
Aurora Linker v1.0 Copyright ©2005,2006 Ionic Wind Software
Unresolved external __imp_bbBeginBlitz3D
Error: Unable to open file C:\Program Files\Aurora\libs\b3d.lib

This is new as to how it used to handle the #use for lib that I want to use, I have no problem putting it in the lib folder to test, just a heads up

sapero

Zumwalt, you could open project options and just clear assembler options, instead deleting project file.

The linker does not look up libraries in project directory, but you can add a library (lib, and even o, obj, res files) from project directory to project input files.

J B Wood (Zumwalt)

I had none of those files with the project, just the source and include files and had the error, no worries though, simply deleting the project file and adding all the files back to the project fixed my problem.

Barney

May 13, 2011, 05:19:03 PM #5 Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 05:03:49 PM by Barney
B3DSDK is now an obsolete product.
Yes. It works but Mark is not working on it just as he is not really working on Blitz3D anymore.
So, I'd suggest you try Xors3D which does a far better job and is very much in continual development. I did not try it with Aurora but it works great with EBasic so there's no reason why it should not work with Aurora.

As for B3DSDK, i have it ever since it appeared and have created a complete header file with all the functions for EBasic, Perhaps it may make your Aurora header creation a bit easier. Let me know.

Barney

J B Wood (Zumwalt)

May 14, 2011, 06:55:40 AM #6 Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 07:00:01 AM by J B Wood (Zumwalt)
I didn't know it was no longer in active development, my header file should work, I tested it out and the functions seem to respond ok in Aurora. I will take a look at the next system that you talked about, I will also look in the EBasic forum area for your header and samples for that system too.  Compiling from one system to the other is pretty straight forward, it is just a matter of moving a few statements around and syntax.

That link you have doesn't work for me, not for that Xors3d thing.

Barney

Quote from: J B Wood (Zumwalt) on May 14, 2011, 06:55:40 AMThat link you have doesn't work for me, not for that Xors3d thing.
Stupid error on my part. There was an extra "http://" piece inserted into the URL string. It should work now.

Barney

J B Wood (Zumwalt)

Interesting trial license, 30 minute timer, I am barely awake in 30 minutes, $100 for the full indie license isn't bad, that is same as Torque products, you said you created a wrapper for this engine?