April 20, 2024, 12:17:15 AM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

Toolbar resources scanner

Started by sapero, June 17, 2010, 04:31:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sapero

June 17, 2010, 04:31:54 AM Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 06:08:01 PM by Larry McCaughn
This is a file-scanner project. It will search for exe/dll files with toolbar resources (bitmaps).
The list will be wisplayed in a listbox, where you can double click or select an item and press Enter key, to show the toolbar.

Initial directory you can set from the command line, for example placing a shortcut to this program in the SendTo directory. If you send a file instead directory, file name will be removed from your path, and just the directory will be used.
To search in different directory, just click the appropriate option, or drop a file or directory on the window.

Transparency color and image size can be adjusted. Single toolbar image, and as well the whole bitmap can be copied to clipboard.
Source for both compilers included :)

Download it here: http://x7.to/11emco

Haim

Great work, as usual

Thanks for sharing this
Haim

Haim

Sapero,
When I load the aurora project it uses the eba file and not the src one.
When I replaced the eba file with the src file in the project it did not compile, with syntax errors which I could not understand.
can you help please

Haim

sapero

June 17, 2010, 06:48:36 AM #3 Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 06:50:12 AM by sapero
Updated, the previous Aurora version was compilled with an prebuild-step, which extended the language.
The current version will compile fine.

Added a confirmation - if you start another scan while one is active, there wll be a question box. If you answer yes, the active scan will terminate.
If you have problems compiling the resource file, update your gorc.exe to a newer version: www.godevtool.com

Haim

Thank you very much Sapero.
Works like a charm
Haim

Copex

i get "404 - Attachment Not Found" when clicking the file or png in the first post
-
I really should learn how to use a spell checker! though im not sure how it will help someone who can not spell?
-
Except where otherwise noted, content Posted By Copex is
licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/

LarryMc

Quote from: Copex on June 18, 2010, 06:45:40 AM
i get "404 - Attachment Not Found" when clicking the file or png in the first post

I don't know what caused the problem.
The last 5-6 attachments that were posted on the site aren't there for some reason.
Some of them were mine in a private area that I deleted to see if it was a space issue.
It's not.
as of right now, there are 3 attachments that are missing.
the 2 here of sapero's and 1 png logo that andrew had posted.

I have tried to make an attachment before posting this.
I can post and it is still there.

LarryMc
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

sapero

Should I reupload the deleted attachment?

LarryMc

LarryMc
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

LarryMc

Sapero,
do you happen to have the code to copy from the clipboard to a bitmap file?

LarryMc
LarryMc

sapero

June 26, 2010, 11:15:39 AM #10 Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 11:26:00 AM by sapero
No, sorry, but I just coded one ;)
$include "shlwapi.inc"
$include "olectl.inc"

if (OpenClipboard(0))
BOOL clip_opened = TRUE
PICTDESC pd
pd.cbSizeOfStruct = len(pd)
pd.picType = PICTYPE_BITMAP
pd.hbitmap = GetClipboardData(CF_BITMAP)
pd.hpal = 0

if (pd.hbitmap)
pd.hbitmap = CopyImage(pd.hbitmap, IMAGE_BITMAP, 0,0,0) ' duplicate the image before closing clipboard
CloseClipboard() ' allow copy/paste
clip_opened = FALSE

IPicture pic
if (!OleCreatePictureIndirect(&pd, _IID_IPicture, TRUE, &pic))
' pd.hbitmap is now owned by picture object, do not delete
' create file stream
IStream filestream
istring path[MAX_PATH] = filerequest("Save Bitmap", 0, FALSE, _
"Bitmap files (*.bmp)|*.bmp|", "bmp", OFN_EXPLORER | OFN_OVERWRITEPROMPT)

if (path[0] and !SHCreateStreamOnFile(path, STGM_READWRITE|STGM_CREATE, &filestream))
pic->SaveAsFile(filestream, TRUE, NULL)
filestream->Release()
endif
pic->Release()
else
DeleteObject(pd.hbitmap)
endif
endif
if (clip_opened) then CloseClipboard()
endif

EDIT: removed STGM_DIRECT (zero)

LarryMc

You never cease to amaze me.

thanks

LarryMc
LarryMc

Techno

Quote from: sapero on June 17, 2010, 04:31:54 AM
This is a file-scanner project. It will search for exe/dll files with toolbar resources (bitmaps).
The list will be wisplayed in a listbox, where you can double click or select an item and press Enter key, to show the toolbar.

Initial directory you can set from the command line, for example placing a shortcut to this program in the SendTo directory. If you send a file instead directory, file name will be removed from your path, and just the directory will be used.
To search in different directory, just click the appropriate option, or drop a file or directory on the window.

Transparency color and image size can be adjusted. Single toolbar image, and as well the whole bitmap can be copied to clipboard.
Source for both compilers included :)
Download it here: http://x7.to/11emco

ZIP file is corrupted and broken. Can you please send a new one.
Thanks
Stephane

LarryMc

LarryMc