April 26, 2024, 08:09:23 PM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

Emergence Audio Engine

Started by Ionic Wind Support Team, June 27, 2009, 07:08:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duffer

Quote from: Paul Turley on July 07, 2009, 12:50:24 PM
XM will be one of the supported formats.
If you ever implemented SID support, you would have huge interest from outside the community, for a DLL/LIB version.

Ionic Wind Support Team

Just a reminder to everyone, you can reserve your copy of the library today for a fraction of the final release price. 

http://www.ionicwind.com/forums/index.php/topic,3446.msg27512.html#msg27512

The link will only work until the beta release, so don't delay too long or you will miss out.

Paul.
Ionic Wind Support Team

Steven Picard

I want to gather up some money to get in on this deal when I can but it probably won't be until next week.

Ionic Wind Support Team

The way things are going the beta release will most likely be a week earlier than expected!

Paul.
Ionic Wind Support Team

Dennisc

Failure is only the opportunity to begin again more intelligently
www.denniscomninos.com

Ionic Wind Support Team

The first beta release of the Emergence Audio Engine is now available.  Instructions have been sent to all reserve purchasers.

I will leave the reserve purchase link available until the end of the month, if you miss out you will need to wait until September to get it at retail prices.
Ionic Wind Support Team

Duffer

Thank you, Paul.

And I will be blaming you when my wife yells at me for staying up all night. ;D

Duffer

July 27, 2009, 11:39:51 PM #32 Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 11:41:42 PM by BriceManuel
It won't install for me.  I am using 1.735 (installed in default directory), and when I try and install the audio engine, it puts up an error message "emergence installation not found", with a blank console window also displayed.

*edit*  I am sorry, I meant to post this and the precious post in the beta thread.  Too many tabs open at once  :(

Dennisc

No problems here. I am also using 1.735. It installed clean without any issues. Fired up the IDE and checked the EB Help/About which shows 1.735 and Audio Engine version 0.1. I haven't tried any demos or anything else.

The problem could be with your EB installation - try reinstalling 1.735? I recall a post somewhere where libraries or something have changed with the latest EB - could be that?

Dennis

www.denniscomninos.com

Ionic Wind Support Team

The initial check it does is check the registry for proper keys, which is to make sure its not being installed for the demo version of Emergence.

If the key doesn't exist then it will fail the second check for version numbers.

Make sure your logged in as the correct user under XP as the registry keys are user based.

Paul.
Ionic Wind Support Team

Duffer

QuoteThe problem could be with your EB installation - try reinstalling 1.735?

Actually I had just installed it moments before.

Seeing the console window in the background makes me think that the audio engine installer might be trying to work off of 8.3 compatible structure?

Duffer

ok, you actually have to run EB after installing it before you can install the audio engine  :-[

Dennisc

Just for interests sake, after clean-installing EB, you have to run it before installing any add-ons? Need to remember this for the future. It probably resolves library links etc. on first execution.

Dennis
www.denniscomninos.com

Duffer

So far no bugs found, but still haven't tried everything yet.

Ionic Wind Support Team

July 30, 2009, 11:43:38 PM #39 Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 04:31:22 PM by LarryMc
Last day to get your copy of the Emergence Audio Engine beta at the special price.

You can reserve your copy of the EAE today for only $39.95

If you miss out you can get the final release in September for $129.95

Thanks,
Paul.
Ionic Wind Support Team

Ionic Wind Support Team

I was asked by a couple of users if I could leave the beta purchase link open for at least another week while they come up with the purchase price.

Consider it done.

Paul.
Ionic Wind Support Team

DominiqueB

Hello Paul,

just paid for mine . . .

Thank's

Dominique

Steven Picard

What I wanted to do with the Audio Engine was to create an interface for generating (synthesizing) sounds and then saving them as wav or ogg files.  Would this be possible?

Ionic Wind Support Team

It will be possible by the final.  The tone generation functions, which are almost done, allow you to specify a base waveform and ADSR envelope, similar to Sonix on the Amiga.  the resulting sample can be saved via the recording commands as a wav.  I only have code for reading OGG at the moment, haven't thought of trying to save one yet.

It is my plans to create an interface for visually entering waveforms and applying filters before the ADSR stage.

Paul.
Ionic Wind Support Team

Steven Picard

I think generating and saving WAV and OGG files would be a great feature.

I am hoping my wife gets the check in the bank today so I can order (it would be late tonight when I get home.)

Steven Picard

Finally, I am definitely getting this tonight (if I am not too tired when I get home late) or tomorrow.

paja

Where can I find help file for EAE ?

Duffer

Quote from: paja on August 12, 2009, 12:00:43 PM
Where can I find help file for EAE ?

EAE hasn't been released yet.  The help file will likely be in the release version.

Ionic Wind Support Team

In the .zip is a readme file, that outlines the working commands and their usage.
Ionic Wind Support Team

soft4fun

Hello,
Does this library have MIDI capabilities such as the ability to play several independent parts, each one on a different channel ?
Thanks in advance.