March 28, 2024, 07:29:58 AM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

Aurora update Alpha 3 Rev 7

Started by Ionic Wind Support Team, July 19, 2006, 09:23:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ionic Wind Support Team

July 19, 2006, 09:23:20 AM Last Edit: July 19, 2006, 09:44:53 AM by Paul Turley
The Aurora compiler has just been updated.  To get the update redownload from the link provided when purchasing.  This update contains the beginning of the 3D classes.

Changes/Additions
-------------------------
- FONTREQUEST was broken. Fixed
- CDatabase::BindTimeStamp fixed.
- CListView::GetCurSel added to retrieve the current selection in a single selection listview.
- CDirectInput class added to the 2D library, can be used anywhere.
- New style AWS_CENTERED added.  Automatically centers a window on creation.

--3D engine.

- C3DScreen class added
- C3DObject class added
- C3DMesh class added
- C3DLight class added
- C3DLandscape class added
- C3DCamera class added

The following math/misc functions are available as part of the 3D library:

- RGBA
- MatrixIdentity
- MatrixTranslation
- MatrixRotation
- MatrixMultiply
- Vec3Add
- Vec3Cross
- Vec3Dot
- Vec3Length
- Vec3Lerp
- Vec3Normalize
- Vec3Sub
- Vec4Add
- Vec4Cross
- Vec4Dot
- Vec4Length
- Vec4Lerp
- Vec4Normalize
- Vec4Sub

The following examples can be found in your installation examples/d3d folder:

test_d3d.src, custom_mesh.src, landscape.src.

The 3D library requires DirectX 9.0 or later.  To distribute programs written with the 3D library you will need to include the dx3d9r.dll along with your executable.  A copy of this DLL can be found in your installations 'redist' directory.  When installing this update a copy is also placed in your system folder.

Have fun,
Paul.  ;D ;D
Ionic Wind Support Team

Ionic Wind Support Team

Ionic Wind Support Team

Jeffers

Hi Paul. I have downloaded the new revision, and cleared my local download cache. The about box and installer still shows Alpha 3 rev6

Regards Jeff

kryton9

Installed in the laziest way...
I just installed into the existing folder without clearing anything or deleting any files and my about shows the latest Alpha 3 Rev 7.

Just put this info out there, that a lazy install did work. Don't have any advice to help otherwise.

Ionic Wind Support Team

Download it to a different location then.  The Rev 7 is about 8MB and Rev 6 about 4 MB.
Ionic Wind Support Team

Jeffers

July 20, 2006, 03:28:10 PM #5 Last Edit: July 20, 2006, 03:30:30 PM by Jeffers
Hi again. just downloaded again. Got a 4.5mb zip file. That is from the original link in my purchase email.

Same download from Firefox and IE.

Regards Jeff

Ionic Wind Support Team

It's definately something on your end.  The download location hasn't changed and it is definately an 8MB file, just looked myself ;)

If your using IE then make sure you clear all temporary files.  Or just use Mozilla/Firefox ;)
Ionic Wind Support Team

Jeffers

Verily Tis weird. The demo downloads at 8mb, but my purchase link downloads at 4.5mb. I have cleared the download cache in firefox twice now. I tried IE and the same happened. 4.5mb. Could it be an Internet propogation issues? (He asks, not knowing what he is talking about)!

Regards Jeff :-[

Ionic Wind Support Team

Not unless your ISP is caching files.  Using a proxy?  Or one of those accelarator programs?  There isn't a file of 4.5MB anywhere on the site currently.

Ionic Wind Support Team

Jeffers

I think the best thing is to wait until tomorrow and try again. As you say It could be my ISP, they have been known for delayed services in the past.

Regards Jeff :)

Ionic Wind Support Team

Ionic Wind Support Team

John S

how long before you update the source?
John Siino, Advanced Engineering Services and Software

Ionic Wind Support Team

The source archive has been updated
Ionic Wind Support Team

Zen

Hi, Just downloaded the lastest source update. In the 3D files you have an include statement to a d3d.inc, however this does not appear to be in the archive or my aurora includes directory. Was this missed out by mistake?

Lewis

Ionic Wind Support Team

It's just the declares for the DLL.  I'll put it in the next update.
Ionic Wind Support Team

sapero

The latest update (preincluding) has a small "bug" - the parser includes some files from /bin folder. But I had many errors like undeclared function sqrt, sin ...
Today I have found what's going on, while successfully compiling source with pow() function without incluging math.inc
So the math.inc exists in /bin and in /include (cpp header), but those from /bin was never included :)

Ionic Wind Support Team

The parser looks for include file in the 'include' directory first and then in th 'bin' directory.  acommon.inc includes all of the files needs for the compiler.  So just rename you external math.inc something like crt_math.inc

Ionic Wind Support Team