March 28, 2024, 02:02:31 PM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

Aurora update Alpha 3 Rev 0

Started by Ionic Wind Support Team, April 18, 2006, 01:52:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ionic Wind Support Team

April 18, 2006, 01:52:23 PM Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 02:03:45 PM by Ionic Wizard
The Aurora compiler has just been updated.  To get the update redownload from the link provided when purchasing.  This is the beginning of the Alpha 3 updates. 

Changes/Additions:
--------------------------
- Heap usage has been improved.
- A few problems with the FILEREQUEST function addressed.
- The paramter limit for functions/methods has been increased to 100.
- == is now equivelent to = for an equality test.
- ~ added for a logical NOT operator.
- WM_PAINT (OnPaint) is now sent for both autodrawn and non-autodrawn windows
- NEW was failing if the size parameter was a 64 bit integer.  Fixed.
- #ifdef/#ifndef can now test for the presence of constants, #typedefs, and structure definitions.
- Function pointers now work in classes and can point to a class member.
- Duplicate #typedef's, constants (CONST of #define) are ignored silently if the type/values are identical. 
- The compiler was not reporting a duplicate variable error if a parameter and a local variable shared the same name.  Fixed.
- A crash when a method name was too long was fixed.
- CWindow::GetHDC and CWindow::ReleaseHDC are now virtual methods.

- The 2D classes are partially finished.  Included with this update is C2DScreen, C2DSprite, C2DSurface and C2DTile.  One example program, dxtest.src, is included to show some usage.  The include file, dx2d.inc, located in the BIN directory shows all of the currently available methods.

- A subs/methods bar added to the IDE editor windows.  The pulldown allows quick navigation within the source file. 

Notes on this release.
-----------------------------
- There is a 'Class View' tab in the IDE.  It is currently not finished so will be blank until I finish my project class parser.
- Because of the changes to GetHDC and ReleaseHDC you should fully rebuild any projects that have classes derived from CWindow.  For those of you using an external 'Make' utility that is.

The demo verision has been updated and will reset the 10 day trial on installation.

Have fun,
Paul.
Ionic Wind Support Team

Ionic Wind Support Team

The automated email sent out stated "Alpha 3 rev 10".  That should be a 0 folks, didn't want to confuse anyone ;)
Ionic Wind Support Team

Ionic Wind Support Team

Just a note.  The source code archive will be available later.  The host is having problems at the moment and I can't upload via ftp.  Keeps reporting "disk full" even though we are only using 39MB out of 6GB.
Ionic Wind Support Team

Steven Picard

I've been away from the Aurora community for awhile due to work (aside from checking on the forums from time to time) and I must say I really like the progress made.  I downloaded this latest version to play with last night and it's coming along nicely.

Because of the contract work I do on the side I was out looking for a RAD to replace VB.  Unlike my shareware, which I can write in any language, many of the companies that I contract with want a copy of the source code which means it needs to be written in a common or easy to use language.  Well, companies can't buy VB licenses anymore and aside from ASP.NET (using C#) for web sites I'm not anxious to use .NET for desktop apps.  I checked out REALbasic but I'm not convinced it really is a VB replacement and it seems "cludgy".  It is an attempt at a RAD, though.  That pretty much leaves no other options.  Delphi's a RAD but it's expensive (most companies don't want to spend $1,000 dollars on top of the contract work to support the source code themselves) and even Borland's plans are to dump it or sell it off.  However, I was thinking that it's primarily the IDE that makes a language categorized as a RAD.  I think Paul Squires has the experience to fill this gap.  I vote we put him in a head-lock until he makes a nice RAD IDE for Aurora.  :D  C# as a language is really nice, and there are some nice 3rd party IDE's for it (like SharpDevelop http://www.icsharpcode.net/OpenSource/SD/Default.aspx) but I just don't want to deal with runtimes like .NET 1.0, 1.1 and 2.0 on top of .NET runtime service packs.

Ionic Wind Support Team

Source archive was updated. 

Steve,
Aurora RAD sounds cool ;)
Ionic Wind Support Team

Parker

I think something made with wxWidgets would be nice, since it's a well established cross platform GUI library, meaning two separate IDEs would not have to be built for linux and windows. If someone could do it...

Steven Picard

I agree that wxWidgets would be a good idea provided there are no licensing issues for commercial software (as far as I know, I don't think there is.)

Shannara

Quote from: Ionic Wizard on April 18, 2006, 02:09:50 PM
The automated email sent out stated "Alpha 3 rev 10".  That should be a 0 folks, didn't want to confuse anyone ;)

I was wondering who the automated email was sent to? And if I could get on that list :) Thanks!
Love is staying up all night with a sick child, or a healthy adult.

Mike Stefanik

As I recall, wxWidgets uses an LGPL license, so it can be used for both open source and commercial projects.
Mike Stefanik
www.catalyst.com
Catalyst Development Corporation

Steven Picard

Quote from: Mike Stefanik on April 19, 2006, 09:36:22 AM
As I recall, wxWidgets uses an LGPL license, so it can be used for both open source and commercial projects.
That sounds like a good direction to go in, then.

Ionic Wind Support Team

Quote from: Sync on April 19, 2006, 09:35:40 AM
Quote from: Ionic Wizard on April 18, 2006, 02:09:50 PM

I was wondering who the automated email was sent to? And if I could get on that list :) Thanks!

You should already be receiving them.  To your forum email address unless you have that blocked in your profile
Ionic Wind Support Team

sapero

Found a collision in ddraw.inc
I had one ddraw.inc converted from C headers.
Today found a changed (and duplicated) include file, one was 60KB, second 160KB. I thinked: the bigger must be better, replace! Did not knew what's going on!
Testing a new C header i got milion of errors, since your ddraw was replaced with the prevoius version (with all the C types), and included from \bin\dx2d.

I've marked the ddraw as read-only, fired update again.. aha, got it.
Could be the dx2d include moved to include folder and the ddraw renamed to addraw or so :D ?

Shannara

Thanks for the update. I need to switch my forum email address to my current one, heh. Thanks again!
Love is staying up all night with a sick child, or a healthy adult.