March 28, 2024, 07:01:49 PM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

PrintLine library version 1

Started by Andy, June 16, 2017, 06:35:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy

June 16, 2017, 06:35:21 AM Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 07:18:41 AM by Andy
Well here it is.

This library file allows you to print directly to a GDI only printer.

Yes there are still things to be worked on, however I think this one is worth placing here.

It has the ability to word wrap onto multiple lines and even over pages.

You can modify the number of lines per page should you need to.
Set a font, size, and weight.

Library defaults:
Font Arial
Size 12
Weight 400

I think you will find it easy to use.

Best to print to PDF to save your ink.

Comments (good and bad) always welcome.

Attached are the files, as always copy the lib file to your IWBDev\libs folder, and the include file to IWBDev\Include folder.

Read through the example code program and have a go!

Thanks,
Andy.
:P

Day after day, day after day, we struck nor breath nor motion, as idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean.

Andy

What does anyone think then?

As I said this is only the first version, lots to work on yet, but it does give you a replacement for the WRITEPRINTER command if you can't use it.

Day after day, day after day, we struck nor breath nor motion, as idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean.

Andy

I now have different font / colour options working in the next version - see attachment.

When I have headers and footers included I will post a copy here for you all.

Thanks,
Andy.
:)

Egil

Andy,

Just tried the version you had posted friday. Right now I'm out of paper, so only tested printing to PDF. (Using Bullzip PDF Writer here)
Setting margins only works for the left side, and become twice as large as I  wanted. On the right side the printed line seems to go outside the "paper".
So wonder if  there is something I'm missing...

As soon as I log off the site, I'll go into town to get more paper so I can test it on a real printer.

Egil
Support Amateur Radio  -  Have a ham  for dinner!

Andy

Egil,

Thanks for the feedback.

Version 2 will be released tomorrow with many fixes and extras.

With regards two the right hand margin, frankly, l don't trust the formulas on it, so working on that too.

I would suggest you hold off printing until I release v2 tomorrow, then we can see what needs to be addressed.

Thanks again, Egil!