March 29, 2024, 01:06:32 AM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

PrintLine library version 2

Started by Andy, June 20, 2017, 08:08:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy

June 20, 2017, 08:08:14 AM Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 08:10:13 AM by Andy
Well I've managed to move on from version 1.

Here you can set the colour of a line, make it bold, Italic, underline it, and strike it out.

Works best at the moment with A4 and letter size printing, and best to stick to font size 12, 14 and 16.

Copy and replace the previous versions of the lib and inc files.

Have a play with it - not quite perfect yet - but getting there.... but well worth the download.

I still need to work on that right hand margin a little.
Day after day, day after day, we struck nor breath nor motion, as idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean.

Egil

Andy,
Seems like you still have some way to go...
Compiling your code and printing to Bullzip PDF Writer, gives 1/2 inch margins, as defined in your code. (1.png)

Trying to insert larger numerical values into the SetMargin call, had no effect.
But changing  the margin values to 1.0 in  the define section skewed the printout to the right, and probably printed outside "paper". (2.png)

Egil
Support Amateur Radio  -  Have a ham  for dinner!

Andy

Yes, I still have a little learning to go on this yet..

Printing to MS to PDF or my HP printer on A4 font size 12 / 14 and 16 worked as long as you don't change the margins from 0.5 inches.

If this doesn't work for you Egil. I will send a version with tracing values printed on screen so you can tell me what you're getting as opposed to me.

So could you try leaving the margins at 0.5 for the moment - and let me know how you get on.

Thanks again Egil - much appreciated!
:)

Day after day, day after day, we struck nor breath nor motion, as idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean.

Egil

Ok Andy,

I'll do that test. But for real world margins the 1/2 inch value is a litle small, especially for the left  margin. My personal preference is left side margin 40mm and the rest 30mm. Which probably are the values most people set for A4 paper sheets.

Egil
Support Amateur Radio  -  Have a ham  for dinner!

Andy

Okay Egil,

Point noted, was just going off the iwb ide print example.

As I said before the right margins need working on, but thanks again.
:)