March 28, 2024, 04:03:24 PM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

IBasic to CBasic

Started by tbohon, July 19, 2013, 11:00:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbohon

Has anyone either found a utility to do this or done this and can offer some hints on what is involved?  There are some routines on the old IBasic CD that I bought years ago and tackling the conversion appears to be a challenge.

TIA.

Tom
"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself ... the dreams will come to you."  -- Randy Pausch, PhD (1961-2008)

LarryMc

I didn't think there was any difference, but I never used IBasic and really don't used CBasic.

Graham will be able to give you a better answer.
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

GWS

July 19, 2013, 09:37:16 PM #2 Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 02:25:14 AM by GWS
Tom,

As far as I know IBasic is completely compatible with CBasic ..

Any .iba program file should run in CBasic if you just rename the file extension to .cba

CBasic was a tidied up version, that in later versions, placed the sample pograms on the user's C drive to keep more recent Microsoft OS's happy - a bit of a nuisance I always thought - but it was easy to copy them to wherever you loaded the CBasic system.

A few newer facilities were added to CBasic, but were never fully tested and did give a few problems.
For that reason, I still use version 1.0.  You can I believe, still get one of the early versions from this site on request. 

(On the other hand, I may have misread your question Tom.  You've found some IBasic code that is not easily converted to CBasic - I'd like to know what is involved - it seems unusual  ::))

all the best, :)

Graham
Tomorrow may be too late ..