March 28, 2024, 02:42:29 PM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

[solved] Aurora default save directory

Started by sapero, May 03, 2009, 06:30:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sapero

May 03, 2009, 06:30:41 AM Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 02:05:45 PM by sapero
This is Aurora IDE related quuestion.
Is there a registry setting for default save-as directory? I do not like the profiles directory which is opened for the first time save-as operation.

Ionic Wind Support Team

Sapero,
Aurora does use the registry to save the last path you used for a source file.  So I am not sure what you are referring to.  The only default is on first install.

Paul.
Ionic Wind Support Team

sapero

If you first run the IDE, open new document and click on Save, the location will be in my documents.
I need first to pick a random already saved document, click save-as, then the new unsaved document will initialize the saveas box with last-save location.

Ionic Wind Support Team

Sapero,
I don't get that behavior.  Are you using the latest Aurora version?

If I open a new document, from a freshly started IDE, then press "Save" I get the last location a file was saved in.  Which in my case was C:\Aurora\Examples.  Using XP SP3

The registry key is in:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\IonicWind\Aurora\PATHS\OPEN

Paul.

Ionic Wind Support Team

sapero

Problem solved, something changed security descriptors of HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ComDlg32 key, I saw access denied in regmon. I see now Aurora does not initialize the initial directory when saving a document, the common dialogs runtime stores it in this key.