April 18, 2024, 03:09:00 AM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

How are things going?

Started by Doc, February 17, 2007, 07:49:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doc

Hey Paul,
I realize that you've had your hands full with "life" recently and don't at all want to sound pushy, but I thought I'd see how things are progressing with the Linux project? Also, is there anything that we can do that will be of help to you?

-Doc-

Ionic Wind Support Team

Just have patience  ;D.  Working on the control creation stuff.  Works great but want to get more of it finished before another example executable.

Also working on a user requested feature, which was a paid request, so that is taking precedence at the moment.  Benefits both the Windows and Linux versions.  Can't say more at the moment.

Paul.

Ionic Wind Support Team

Rock Ridge Farm (Larry)

BTW - I have almost finished a stand-alone (CD Based) Linux for use with Aurora and Ebasic.
I have built in the examples that Paul has released and as soon as there is a demo compiler
for Linux I will add it. I was thinking of calling it Ionic Linux.
I can do it using several different releases of Linux (Ubuntu, Slax, DSL, Knoppix, and more).
It would give each platform a look at Aurora and Ibasic.
Keeps an old man from playing in traffic.
When everything is ready I will post a download link to the forum.

Doc

QuoteBTW - I have almost finished a stand-alone (CD Based) Linux for use with Aurora and Ebasic.
I have built in the examples that Paul has released and as soon as there is a demo compiler
for Linux I will add it. I was thinking of calling it Ionic Linux.

That sounds so cool, Larry!  ;D

-Doc-

Doc

QuoteJust have patience  ;D.  Working on the control creation stuff.  Works great but want to get more of it finished before another example executable.

Yepper, patience is a virtue I hear...

That's what I get for playing around with another Linux Basic. After an  :o 88mb download  :o , I was able to produce a very simple combo-box application from a sample provided that weighed in at only 2.3mb's for the compiled application.  :'(

Afterwards, I started looking at the the 20-30kb samples you've given us so far, and well... you get the picture.

I will be patient, I will be patient, I will be pat........................  ;D ;D ;D

-Doc-

Brice Manuel

Quote from: David Coker on February 18, 2007, 08:35:56 AMThat's what I get for playing around with another Linux Basic. After an  :o 88mb download  :o , I was able to produce a very simple combo-box application from a sample provided that weighed in at only 2.3mb's for the compiled application.  :'(
Sounds like REALbasic?