May 15, 2024, 12:55:11 PM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

Recent posts

Pages1 2 3 ... 10
General Questions / Re: Question about DEF and DIM
Last post by billhsln - Today at 09:23:59 AM
I know I haven't used the 'Type abc,1'.  Of course, I also don't know why it might be required.

Bill
I found it in std.inc

Larry
Last post by Egil - Yesterday at 05:44:11 AM
Quote from: Rock Ridge Farm (Larry) on May 13, 2024, 04:32:39 PMActually had a couple of very good days. Hands are working.

Larry

Nice to see that you are up and going Larry, almost can't wait to see the finished product.
Never used TYPE myself yet, but I agree with Brian it would be nice to have the possibility to use it.

Good Luck1

Egil
Last post by Brian - Yesterday at 03:24:52 AM
I've never actually used it myself, but would use it if I picked up an example using it. Seems to be in the Sapero or PT domain!

Although I think the option should be there to include a packing value, if needed

Brian
Last post by Rock Ridge Farm (Larry) - May 13, 2024, 04:32:39 PM
OK - that is solved - now for the next: Does anyone use byte packing
in structures ie: TYPE abc,1
I can find little to no value to it in the new compiler - it produces
llvm .ll output.

Actually had a couple of very good days. Hands are working.

Larry
Last post by Brian - May 12, 2024, 06:32:32 AM
From the EBA help file:

Array dimensions must be a constant or resolve to a constant. For dynamic arrays see the NEW statement. A colon ':' may be used as a shortcut to the AS keyword. DIM is a synonym for DEF and the two can be used interchangeably.

Brian
Last post by billhsln - May 11, 2024, 11:05:56 PM
Older compatibility.  DIM was EBA, DEF is IWB, if I remember right.

Bill
General Questions / Question about DEF and DIM
Last post by Rock Ridge Farm (Larry) - May 11, 2024, 06:54:23 PM
While working on the new compiler I discovered that DIM and DEF produce
the same output. Example DIM x:int and Def x:int.
Any ideas????
General Questions / Drop File
Last post by Brian - May 03, 2024, 05:19:13 AM
Has anyone an idea how to drop a file on a program icon, and then that program loads that file?

I want to be able to drop an image file on to my program icon, and then display the image. I know how to drop a file onto an open window, but not the program's icon

Brian

Edit: I did eventually manage to achieve this, and it worked well, but I wasn't happy with some anomalies it threw up, so I abandoned the idea. It was really only a 'Could I do that?'
General Questions / Re: Any fix soon for IWB file ...
Last post by billhsln - April 25, 2024, 11:27:54 AM
Just as a note.  I copied my files from Win 10 Pro to my new Win 11 Pro machine.  I did NOT install IWB, I just copied the files to where it existed on my old laptop.  I tried a compile, and it seems to have worked.  I haven't tested the executable yet, but the compile did work.

I did try to install it before, but I noticed that the example files end up in an APPS directory which usually requires admin access to work in.  Maybe that is the problem?  Since I copied my source data to the new machine, I put it under where it exists on the Win 10 machine.

C:\Users\Public\Documents\IWBasic\MyProgs

I wonder if that would make a difference?

Bill
Pages1 2 3 ... 10