April 19, 2024, 05:40:18 AM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

Registry viewer and editor V2

Started by Andy, May 10, 2016, 07:18:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy

Here is my first offering on my registry viewer / editor (version 2).

There are still some things to do I know, but I've gone a very long way down the line now, and I would like someone who knows what they are doing to compile and use it a little - and hopefully give me some feedback.

You can:
Add / Edit / Delete registry entries of type : Strings, Expandable strings, Multi line strings, Binaray, Dwords, Qwords.

CAUTION!
I would very strongly suggest you stick to creating a key of your own choice and adding / editing values of different types in that key - and I would suggest you place your new key in HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software.

If you stick to the above advice, you should have no problem.

Attached is the zip file:

Place the .inc file in your includes folder, and the .lib file in your libs folder.

Enjoy!  :)

Thanks,
Andy.

Day after day, day after day, we struck nor breath nor motion, as idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean.

Bill-Bo

Andy,

You did well. I don't see any problems.

Bill

Andy

Thanks Bill,

I have had to add in more commands to the library so I can work with hex values more easily.

Here is an example of returning the correct decimal value for hex value FFFFFFFF (8 F's).

$include "StringMap.inc"

string SMHPR

SMHPR = "ffffffff" 'Should Give you the decimal value of 4,294,967,295.

openconsole
print
print
print "   Correct answer is = ",SMHexToDec(SMHPR)
print
print
print "   Formatted answer is = ",SMUsing(SMHexToDec(SMHPR),",")  'Formatted answer with ","s
print
print
print "   Press anky key to end..."
print
waitcon
SMEndStringMap() 'Close the StringMap library to free memory.
end

- You cannot do this using * and + commands as the numbers become too big for IWB.

You will need the new attachment to compile this code, but it does show you that the StringMap libary may come in very handy for you, It's not just about working with strings anymore, I'm trying to add in as many useful functions as possible for us all.

As always, copy the lib file to your libs folder, and the inc file to your include folder first before compiling.

Thanks,
Andy.

Day after day, day after day, we struck nor breath nor motion, as idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean.

Bill-Bo

Andy,

QuoteYou will need the new attachment to compile this code

The inc and lib are the same as in your first post. Same sizes, dates, and times.

Bill

Andy

Bill,

Yes they are, I was simply trying to get everyone who may have an interest in the library to download the latest version.

I have to document these new functions which takes some time, when I have done that I will post a new thread with the very latest download and help file.

Thanks,
Andy.
:)

Egil

I really like your Registry viewer very much!

The snippet you posted yesterday, compiles without errors, but when I try to run it the program crashes. Have not been able to figure out why.
Support Amateur Radio  -  Have a ham  for dinner!

LarryMc

Same as Egil
Doesn't matter whether I compile to console or window target it immediately closes the console window
unless I comment out the SMHexToDec and SMUsing lines of code.
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

Andy

Sorry guys!

my boob!!

I've posted in user offering the very latest update - this should correct things, included is the updated help file.

http://www.ionicwind.com/forums/index.php?topic=5855.0

Thanks,
Andy.

Bill-Bo

To All,

The other day when I compile and ran the original snippet, it ran just fine under 64-bit Win 8.1. No crashes.

The new one runs fine, also.

Bill