May 09, 2024, 03:14:46 AM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

Switchon/off and impuls software timers for my project

Started by Techno, October 26, 2008, 04:34:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techno

Dear Sapero

you are the man in Windows SDK programming and you need me to help this software problem

I would like program in an function an switchoff delay software timer that need the WinAPI functions voor control the hardware timer en counter.

Can somebody help me how I can program this precision timer. I would like an impulstimer to that set the time and timebase

I have need this functions for my thesis in school

I written whole my thesis in EBASIC  for an electronic project

Greets
Stephane

sapero

What periods/delays or frequency do you need? Maybe would be better to buy an easy to learn ATMEL microcontroller with ISP bus (in system programming - no programmator required) and then compare:

your computer and monitor: 300W, very poor timing, trash on I/O ports when starting up the system
microcontroller: power consumption at micro/mili watt level, high precise software and hardware timers and interrupts!
Think about. You can start learning with AT2051, ther try atmega and AVR.
http://www.atmel.com/

Techno

What about the liibrary port.dll from elektor they have timers in software?
or is it better used the hardware timers of an microcontroller by example I need an PIC controller
Is that an solution?

With kind regards
Stephane

sapero

To be honest, I don't understand what you will do. Maybe give me a screnshot, .rc or .dlg file, a flowchart, or any other hint, including google translation :)
I don't know even if your problem is "how to code it" or "what function do I need for..."