April 20, 2024, 05:10:11 AM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

IDE Flicker

Started by Bruce Peaslee, December 17, 2005, 05:28:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruce Peaslee

On my machine the blue bar at the top of the IDE window - the one that says Aurora Compiler - [Aurora2.src] - flickers. Not terribly annoying, but I wonder if it's a problem at my end.
Bruce Peaslee
"Born too loose."
iTired (There's a nap for that.)
Well, I headed for Las Vegas
Only made it out to Needles

Zen

Im using Windows XP Pro SP2 with visual styles enabled and works fine here.

Lewis

Parker

I have that problem too. I didn't say anything because I figured Paul would fix it though.

Ionic Wind Support Team

It seems to only happen when a code window is maximized.  I've known about it, just haven't had the chance to go and find out why ;)

Paul.
Ionic Wind Support Team

GWS

No problem on Win98SE ..  :)

Graham
Tomorrow may be too late ..

mrainey

I see the flicker on my XP SP2 laptop, set up with all possible XP "eye candy" turned off.
Software For Metalworking
http://closetolerancesoftware.com

Zen

December 18, 2005, 02:05:44 PM #6 Last Edit: December 18, 2005, 02:13:38 PM by Lewis
This happens when i open an aurora source file from the windows explorer when the Aurora IDE is already open.

Lewis

Zen

Hmm i dont know. Also there should be the picture under my text and above my name. It shows it in the preview but for some reason it doesnt want to in the actual post.

i will upload it to my website and re-link the image in my previous post.

Lewis

Ionic Wind Support Team

Know about that too.   Something not right with the registry icon settings.

Paul.
Ionic Wind Support Team

Parker

That's true, it does only happen with a maximized window. It may have something to do with scintilla, maybe turning on/off the file modified flag.

I also noticed that all files are classified as 'includes' and also it doesn't overwrite for Aurora to use the files when something already has registered them. For example, I installed IBPro and then Aurora. The include files are still registered as IBPro files, even though I had the box checked to register them as aurora includes. It also does that with visual studio. Is there a way of making them register properly?

Zen

Quote from: Ionic Wizard on December 18, 2005, 05:19:18 PM
Know about that too.   Something not right with the registry icon settings.

I didnt mean the icons, but yes them too. If you look closley at the section in the red rectangle, you will notice the background on the child title bar looks disabled on the left where the other window was.

Lewis

Ionic Wind Support Team

Fixed the icon registry settings.  Took a while of staring at the resource file before I spotted the fact I had the include file icon being registered as the source.
Ionic Wind Support Team

Zen

He He. Does that mean we have correct icons for .inc and .src files now? At the moment all of mine have the .inc icon.

Also the register file extensions part doesnt work correctly in the tools menu. It didnt in IBasic Pro either.

Lewis

Parker

I've noticed the strange title bar also, although I haven't been able to duplicate it.

Zen

By duplicate it do you mean, make it happen again? If so, then just open Aurora up with a source file open in it too, then go to windows explorer and open another source file, thats when it does it on my machine.

Lewis

Parker

I still can't duplicate it, although I've had it happen. Maybe it has something to do with XP styles, which I don't use.

Zen

maybe it does. I use them. i cant make it happen every time, but ive noticed it quite a few times and i managed to make it happen for my screenshot.

Lewis