March 29, 2024, 09:08:42 AM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

The IDE

Started by Zen, December 17, 2005, 04:15:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zen

Hello, mainly for Paul.

Once Auroras first non Beta release is released are there going to be any changes to the IDE? Obviously you used the one we currently have now because you had used it bofore.

I as this as ive been digging up some early post on the forum and noticed one by stevenP about using a modular design so that we can create plugins and wizzards etc. I think this will be a very cool idea.

I know this is not a priority but i was just wondering, otherwise i would probably forget to ask ;)

Thanks
Lewis

Ionic Wind Support Team

Lewis,
Scintilla will remain as the editor.  The 'shell' around it will change considerably.

Paul.
Ionic Wind Support Team

Zen

Yes i like scintilla a lot. I am using it in an IDE i am making at the moment. So many options to choose from. Once Aurora can support all i need im porting over.

I wont ask what sort of changes you plan yet as its probably a bit too early.

Lewis

Ionic Wind Support Team

Have a lot of plans.  Mostly working on coding the core language though.

I do have the menu editor working for Aurora now.
Ionic Wind Support Team

Zen

Wil you be adding the auto complete feature to scintilla? Also will you be fixing the color coding for the syntax etc.

Lewis

Parker

I would assume number, character, and operator colors will be added, along with style options. Then hopefully the project view will change to allow non-compiled sections and folders such as includes and resources ;)