April 17, 2024, 10:12:29 PM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

Is INNO any good?

Started by Bruce Peaslee, September 22, 2006, 09:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruce Peaslee

I was looking at installers and find they are not cheap. I've heard of INNO and it's free, but I don't know much about it. Has anyone had much experience in this area?
Bruce Peaslee
"Born too loose."
iTired (There's a nap for that.)
Well, I headed for Las Vegas
Only made it out to Needles

John Syl.

Used it, it's easy to use and does what it says on the tin!!

Has a fair amount of tweaks that allow you to customise the install.
Basic encryption.
Never had a problem with it.

regards

John
Intel 3.6 p4 ht, XP home,2 gb mem, 400 gb hd 20gb raid 0, Nvidia 6600le.
AMD k6-2 500, 40gb.

Started on PDP11 Assembler, BASIC, GWBASIC, 6502, Z80, 80x86, Java, Pascal, C, C++, 
IBasic (std & pro), Aurora, EBasic.  (Master of none, but it's been fun!)

LarryMc

I use INNO indirectly.
I've got ISTool which is a front-end for INNO and that is what I use to do the updates for the AHM(Help database frontend program).

And if I can use it I KNOW you can. ;)
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

Ionic Wind Support Team

ISTOOL + INNO are the only installers I have used for years. 
Ionic Wind Support Team

Zen

I Agree with Paul. I used it for CCL and i cant fault it. Works great. You can even use PASCAL in it too.

Lewis

J B Wood (Zumwalt)

Never used ISTOOL, will look into that, I use INNO all the time, version 4.2.7, the ones after that are buggy and I loose some abilities to use things in the {} on the files list, not including some of the section items. Its a good tool overall if you get past some of its very minor flaws.

Ionic Wind Support Team

ISTool gives you a nice GUI for Inno.  Treeviews for files/directories etc.  Makes it a snap for modifying the scripts.
Ionic Wind Support Team