April 27, 2024, 06:24:04 PM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

Region Creator

Started by Brian, September 08, 2023, 05:37:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian

Hi,

Out of interest, I've been trying to convert this IBasic program to IWB. Took a while, but I've got the program to run without any errors, but it just doesn't save a Region as it should, and also doesn't show the progress bar

I'm missing something, don't know what. I've attached my IWB file, and the original IBasic file, plus a bitmap to experiment with

Get your thinking caps on!

Brian

Egil

Hi Brian,

As mentioned in another post, I'm not able to use IWB any more. But I renamed the file RgnCreator.iba to RgnCreator.cba. Then it works fine in CB. By selecting the bitmap you supplied the program produces a new file with a .rgn extension. But that is as far as I come.

Can't figure out what the coder meant with this code, since there must obviously be some files missing.
In the .iba file I read:
Quote' Now, you have a Region file that you can use with the code in the SkinTest demo.
' With the original bitmap, the Region File and the code in SkinTest.iba you
' everything you need to create irregular shaped, skinned windows. Enjoy! :)
So unless someone can supply the mentioned file (SkinTest.iba) it will be rather difficult to understand what the code developer intended to do.

The remarks at the top of the .iba file the author mention that the code was translated fom C code found in an article on the Flipcode website. They closed down almost 20 years ago, but they still keep an archive of most of the user submitted articles. Maybe the original article can be found there?
See: https://www.flipcode.com/archives/

Good luck!

Egil
Support Amateur Radio  -  Have a ham  for dinner!

Brian

OK, here's the full zip of the SkinTest.iwb, with a pre-created region file. This is another IBasic program I have converted to IWB, and it works. Close the window with Alt F4

The RgnCreator.iwb sort of works, and creates a .rgn file of your own name choice, but it is empty, and I don't know or see why

Brian

Egil

Thanks Brian!
Since IWB doesn't work for me any more, I ran the SkinTest.exe file you supplied.
The virus checker suggested to quarantine the program, but I selected to run it anyway.
I liked the result. But as long as IWB doesn't work, I can't inspect the code.

Do you still have the original SkinTest.iba? I'd like to play with it using CB.

Egil

Brian

Your wish is my command! Renamed the .iba to .cba for it to upload

Brian

Egil

Brian

OK, got the Region Creator working now. You MUST note down the RGB values from your Bitmap before opening and attempting to create a region. The supplied bitmap is R 250, G 252, B 253

Will attempt to do a follow-up program now so you can use the results of the Region Creator

Brian

Brian

Here's another example of skinning. Close the window with Alt F4. I have included the exe, but if you want to re-compile the program, please note that it is a Project

Brian

Brian

I was thinking that while these Region samples looked good, what good were they? So here is my attempt to create a normal window, with the option of showing the Regioned window, and then closing it, while keeping the main window open

All you need in the zip file

Brian