April 28, 2024, 07:27:51 AM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

Application Icons

Started by Brian, July 25, 2023, 08:59:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian

I've made a lot of application icons over the years for IWB. Yesterday, I made an icon group consisting of 16, 24, 32, 48 and 256-sized icons in IcoFX

Added it to the application (not a Project), and then went into File Explorer to see how it looked with the various views, eg, Extra Large, Large and Medium, etc, and I could see all the sizes correctly

Bingo, I thought, and then proceeded to do exactly the same procedure for another application of mine

Did it work? Not a sniff! I've messed about with different set-ups today, and still no banana

So the question is: Has anyone got a foolproof method of creating an icon group for an IWB application that shows in File Explorer consistently?

I'm using Windows 10 64-bit, like a lot of other folk here. And, yes, I've also tried it as a Project using a resource ID of 101

Thank you,

Brian

LarryMc

can you show me an example of what you expected  one of your icons to look like  and what it actually looked like?
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

Brian

Larry, File Explorer shows the icons like this. All the other sizes are correct. Included my .ico file, as well (had to call it Resource Builder.txt to upload)

Brian

Brian

It's tickled me that around 20 people have clicked and downloaded an icon (Resource Builder.txt) that I downloaded from the internet, and was freely available

I reckon it just about sums up the quality of people that are visiting this Forum at the moment - grab what you can, and give nothing back...

Brian