March 28, 2024, 10:17:27 AM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

Best way to display an image moving around a circuit

Started by Andy, July 03, 2021, 03:44:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy

Hi,

I wondering about your views on this one:

As you know I now have a moving train that goes around a simple circuit.
The image looks good when it's moving horizontally, but need some more images as it goes around a curve.

I know the actual angles of that curve, so that's not a problem.

Would you go for a simple image that looks the same irrespective of where it is on that circuit e.g. an electric train - smooth, or would you make the image tilt and eventually make a view of it from above as it enters a vertical section.

Would you even do something like a 2D or 3D image?

You can see what I mean when you see the two screenshots attached.

Thanks,
Andy.
:)
Day after day, day after day, we struck nor breath nor motion, as idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean.

LarryMc

My suggestion would be an overhead view of an engine that looks similar to your oictured engine.
But in doing so it would mean you would need an image for every increment of angle aroung 360  plus one for each of the 4 cardinal directions.

But since your track iis an overhead view, to me, it would make sense that the engine be an overhead view.
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

Egil

Hi Andy,

Larry is right! Showing an overhead view of the engine makes sense. But making 36 drawings, one for every 10th degree is enouugh. And if you start with zero degrees (due north), you then get the four cardinal directions "for free".

It shouldn't be too difficult to automate the train movements on one of your maps, if you make some simple "traffic rules". Have to think about that for a while, so I'll come back later...

Good Luck!

Egil
Support Amateur Radio  -  Have a ham  for dinner!

Andy

Thanks guys,

Will think on it, many thanks again.

Andy.
Day after day, day after day, we struck nor breath nor motion, as idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean.