April 16, 2024, 04:54:40 PM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

Buffers.

Started by Andy, September 28, 2020, 04:59:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy

September 28, 2020, 04:59:19 AM Last Edit: September 28, 2020, 05:00:59 AM by Andy
Hi sorry to hog the forum at the moment but I'm now looking into buffers.

At the moment I have six buffers which are all ISTRING's set to 1Mb.

Buffer1, Buffer2 ... Buffer6.

Now I could just make my own UDT type, make it a pointer and set it's size to say 20 (20 buffers), but the ISTRING for each one will still be 1Mb.

I had to increase to the above size as it was to small to load up my editor code.

I've looked at the posts of course concerning buffers, if the answer is there then I've missed it.

I've looked at the code Clint posted (fast load of a file - Sapero helped him with that) but in truth I can't work it out.

So the question is, what is the best way to create a buffer that I can change the size of it to accommodate a file larger than say 1 Mb once the .exe is running?

Thanks,
Andy.
Day after day, day after day, we struck nor breath nor motion, as idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean.

Brian

I think if you use NEW, you can re-dimension it later. I'm sure I've seen a post by PT on this matter

Brian

Andy

Brian,

Well nice try, NEW only changes the array number not the size of the individual ISTRING size.

But thanks for trying!

Andy.
Day after day, day after day, we struck nor breath nor motion, as idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean.