April 25, 2024, 07:17:14 PM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

Eyes Strain and blue light

Started by h3kt0r, February 05, 2020, 08:11:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

h3kt0r

As usual, spending too much time on a screen shining blue light does what it always do : it triggers
ophtalmic headaches.
I personnaly use some tricks to avoid these, like using dark color schemes for IDEs but most of all
i'm using a screen filter. There are a few ones that you can get for free, beside the Micro$oft one
that comes shipping with Windows 10 (which is not really good).
There is f.lux
it's okay.
Then there's Red Shift
It's open source.
And LightBulb
Open source too.
And Iris mini

I'm using CareUEyes which is shareware. But i've got it for free as a GiveAway. It has some nice options.

Believe me or not : screen filters do really work. No more headaches !

aurelCB

February 06, 2020, 01:55:18 AM #1 Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 01:59:45 AM by aurelCB
Might be good for your eyes,,i doon't know dark thems are make sanse to me if you work in a dark room
like some of astronomical programs doo, in general it is dificult to me looking into black screen with shining text.
my editor dark them look this:

h3kt0r

YOGI technique

Something you can do to reduce eye strain :

Close your eyes. Push your eyes UP to the maximum extent they can reach in that direction. Stay there 6 seconds.
Then come back to the center and stay there for 2 seconds.
Next, do the same DOWN, then LEFT and RIGHT. Don't forget to come back at the center and stay there 2 seconds.
Do this twice a day (eg. once in the morning, next the afternoon).

You should feel the benefit from doing this little exercise almost instantly.
It's a Yogi technique...

aurelCB