March 28, 2024, 03:01:50 AM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

Compiler messed up?

Started by Protected, May 20, 2006, 06:34:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Protected

May 20, 2006, 06:34:07 AM Last Edit: May 20, 2006, 06:41:42 AM by Protected
I wrote somewhere that the frag example was not compiling here, and that I was using a3r1. Later on, I noticed the keno example doesn't compile either. The compiler begins compiling and nothing happens anymore (I have to close the aurora process). Then, this midnight, my trial for rev 1 ended. I started the aurora compiler and, for some reason, it took like 3 minutes for it to open and when it opened I had 10 days left in my trial again. I upgraded to rev 2 anyway, to see if the compiler started working properly, but it didn't. And it still takes a long time for aurora to open. Any ideas?

EDIT: I tried compiling a simple test I wrote which just creates and opens a directdraw screen. I waited around one minute, and then closed the IDE, and right afterwards it executed the test program. Can it be that it IS working, just extremely slowly for some reason?

EDIT2: I noticed there were a half dozen processes from aurora running in the background, one 'dev', several link and compilers. I killed them all and now the IDE opens instantly again =) The problem, though, is that it tells me that my trial period is over. Since I just installed rev 2, this bug stole my 10 rev 2 trial days! Is there anything I can do? (About the problem - I think it was caused because the compiler went into infinite cycle, or didn't stop running, once, and it doesn't like having multiple instances running simultaneously, but that's just a hunch.)

Ionic Wind Support Team

Actually I forgot to  reset the trial period for A3 Rev 2. 
Ionic Wind Support Team

Protected

May 20, 2006, 07:02:09 AM #2 Last Edit: May 20, 2006, 07:06:03 AM by Protected
Oh :P There's always a simple explanation!

EDIT: Will it be reset then? I was just wondering because I took the first half of this afternoon to concentrate on learning Aurora and right now I'm locked out  ;D

tjs

Quote from: Protected on May 20, 2006, 07:02:09 AM
Oh :P There's always a simple explanation!

EDIT: Will it be reset then? I was just wondering because I took the first half of this afternoon to concentrate on learning Aurora and right now I'm locked outÂÃ,  ;D

Hi Protected,

Can I suggest that you go easy on Paul at present.

I know you will understand why if you read his 'Bad news' post on the General Category / General Discussion Forum.

Thanks.

tjs.
www.midwavi.com The home of MidWavi Pro - Sound~Video~Graphics

Protected

May 20, 2006, 09:40:00 AM #4 Last Edit: May 20, 2006, 09:41:31 AM by Protected
Paul himself wrote that the forums will help keep him distracted. If you compare the dates of the post and the edit, you will see that the edit was just an addition, and that I did not mean to whine. Finally, if only you had read the thread properly, you might have noticed that I replied to it, and therefore have been following it. (EDIT: It = The 'Bad news' thread. Yeah, I edit often. I'm too lazy to use Preview  :-[)

There is a group of people working on IBasic, I had no reason to believe that none of them could fix the compiler. I respect what Paul is going through, but that's no reason for me not to post here. One of the advantages of an internet forum is that each message stays there and can be read by anyone at any time, and it's up to each reader to decide if he or she wants to answer to it or not...

tjs

Quote from: Protected on May 20, 2006, 09:40:00 AM
Paul himself wrote that the forums will help keep him distracted. If you compare the dates of the post and the edit, you will see that the edit was just an addition, and that I did not mean to whine. Finally, if only you had read the thread properly, you might have noticed that I replied to it, and therefore have been following it. (EDIT: It = The 'Bad news' thread. Yeah, I edit often. I'm too lazy to use PreviewÂÃ,  :-[)

There is a group of people working on IBasic, I had no reason to believe that none of them could fix the compiler. I respect what Paul is going through, but that's no reason for me not to post here. One of the advantages of an internet forum is that each message stays there and can be read by anyone at any time, and it's up to each reader to decide if he or she wants to answer to it or not...

Fair enough Protected.

You are, of course, entitled to your opinion.

Subject closed.

Cheers.

tjs.

Ionic Wind Support Team

Umm...chill dudes.

I'll reset it when I get time this afternoon.  Daughter is going to first prom today so my house is a little hectic.
Ionic Wind Support Team

tjs

May 20, 2006, 10:14:38 AM #7 Last Edit: May 20, 2006, 10:21:33 AM by tjs
Quote from: Ionic Wizard on May 20, 2006, 10:05:43 AM
Umm...chill dudes.

I'll reset it when I get time this afternoon.ÂÃ,  Daughter is going to first prom today so my house is a little hectic.

...And you can't say fairer than that PaulÂÃ,  :)

Hope all/everything goes well.

Terry.

Rock Ridge Farm (Larry)

If you have a dangling wait() in your code you will leave processes running in the background.
I have done this and it caused what you describe.