April 23, 2024, 06:19:28 PM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

Buttons or no buttons

Started by Andy, November 06, 2017, 05:20:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy

Still working on my reg viewer program (I can hear groans!!), but just wondered if you think the program would look better without any buttons?

I have right click context menus for the registry keys (on the left of the screen), and for entries (right hand screen) with all the button functions in there.

Also I have a menu at the top of the screen again with all the functions covered.

So really I'm just interested what you might think - should I do away with the buttons? - exit button excepted of course.

Thanks,
Andy.

Day after day, day after day, we struck nor breath nor motion, as idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean.

Brian

Andy,

I like a button or three! But I usually put buttons on tasks that are used quite often. Stuff that gets used now and then I will put as a menu item. If a button would be more intuitive to use (and quicker) than a menu item, use a button

Brian

Egil

Quote from: Brian Pugh on November 06, 2017, 09:01:12 AM
I usually put buttons on tasks that are used quite often. Stuff that gets used now and then I will put as a menu item. If a button would be more intuitive to use (and quicker) than a menu item, use a button.

I agree with Brian.

Egil
Support Amateur Radio  -  Have a ham  for dinner!

Andy

Thanks guys,

Good advice, so I think I'll leave the buttons in as they are used a lot.

Andy.
Day after day, day after day, we struck nor breath nor motion, as idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean.