April 18, 2024, 01:34:29 PM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

DX3D9R.dll problem

Started by markem, May 27, 2017, 09:30:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markem

I am trying out the examples and got to the 3D examples. I am getting the error that DX3D9R.dll can not be found. I've read the two or three posts about this but they do not seem to be appropriate.

Compiling Resources...
No Errors

Compiling...
iwbasic0.iwb

Linking...
IWBasic Linker v1.11 Copyright © 2011 Ionic Wind Software
Generating c:\documents and settings\mark\my documents\my programs\iwbasic\test\iwbasic0.exe
Build completed

As you can see - it compiles without a problem. But when run I get what you see on the attachment.

Running Windows XP. Lots of memory (4GB) and lots of memory space. Installed Directx9.0c. I read that eBasic doesn't have this problem. Could someone upload the file so I can download it?  Thanks!

Andy

Have you checked your windows system32 folder for the dll?

Could you attach your code here so we can have a look at it, and try to re create the error.

Thanks,
Andy.
Day after day, day after day, we struck nor breath nor motion, as idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean.

jalih

Quote from: markem on May 27, 2017, 09:30:18 PM
Could someone upload the file so I can download it?  Thanks!
The file is bundled with IWBasic inside redist folder. Just copy file somewhere with paths set or  inside same folder as program you are trying to build.

markem

@andy: It is one of the example programs that come with IWBasic.

@jalih: Ok - so I could just put it into the Windows/System32 folder with the other dlls. :-)  Thanks!

markem

Ok. Copied it over to Windows/System32 and the program now runs - and aborts with an "Abnormal Program Termination". Strange but true. No line number either. I wonder if the other dlls need to be copied over? I'll give it a try.

billhsln

Those errors are particularly hard to find.  What I would recommend is do an OPENCONSOLE early in the program and put in some PRINT statements around in your code telling you where they are in the code.  It should give you a idea where the abort happens after.  May take quite a few PRINT statements.

Bill
When all else fails, get a bigger hammer.

Brian

This thread may help. Never used the DLL myself, so don't know anything about it

http://www.ionicwind.com/forums/index.php/topic,3742.0.html

Brian

LarryMc

Which of the 3D example programs are you having this problem with so i can check it out?
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

markem

@Larry - The strange thing is it was there in the first post. :-)

Compiling...
iwbasic0.iwb

The file is in the 3D graphics folder of examples. :-)

@Brian Pugh - Yeah, I read that but I was hoping someone who wrote the code would know what was the matter. :-)

@billhsln : Yeah, I was wondering if I would have to do something like that. Busy weekend. May have to try that on Tuesday. :-/

LarryMc

@Mark
Quote from: markem on May 28, 2017, 08:34:36 PM
@Larry - The strange thing is it was there in the first post. :)

Compiling...
iwbasic0.iwb

The file is in the 3D graphics folder of examples.    :) :)
There is NO example file anywhere named iwbasic0.iwb :-) :-)
To double check I went through all the source files I use to build the distribution of IWBasic 3.x
I then did a search of the source code of the file that is used to build the installer for IWBasic 3.x

The file name iwbasic0.iwb was created automatically by the IDE when you tried to compile and run an EXAMPLE program.  This is a feature that COPIES the example file and gives it the new name so you don't go screwing around with your examples and messing them up.

So, I ask again, what EXAMPLE were you trying to run?   :) :) 
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

markem

@Larry - Hey! I just opened the file and tried to compile and then run it.

Time to enter the twilight zone.....

So I went "Ok, no iwbasic0.iwb. Let me close the file and re-open it."
So I opened the first file (3DS_example.iwb) - compiles and runs
So I opened the 2nd file (3dsprites.iwb) - compiles and runs
So I opened the 3rd file (cubemap.iwb) - compiles and runs
So I opened the 4th file (custom-mesh.iwb) - compiles and runs
So I opened the 5th file (landscape.iwb) - compiles and runs
So I opened the 6th file (points.iwb) - compiles and runs
So I opened the 7th file (skinnedXmesh.iwb) - compiles and runs
So I opened the 8th file (world_local.iwb) - compiles and runs

So I have no idea. Also, the buttons across the top for files #1-#4 never came up (or were active) but files #5-#8 they worked.  I used F8 for #1-#4.

As I said - I'm just trying out the examples. I have no idea where iwbasic0.iwb is located. My thought is - maybe it is a generated file by IWBasic? And the compiler somehow switched to it? Just a guess.

Ok. If it happens again I'll try to make sure to write down how I got there so I will be of more help. :-/

Sorry. I always get the weird problems. :-)