April 16, 2024, 07:29:17 AM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

7. Adding Controls

Started by LarryMc, October 18, 2014, 04:28:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryMc

I've added some controls to the main window(w1) along with a basic message handler to handle them all.
I then duplicated all the controls in the dialog(dlg1) along with its basic message handler.
It was easier and faster to just duplicate the controls instead of creating something that looked entirely different.

Besides, the controls will be perfectly suitable for the purposes of this tutorial.

At this time only three button controls do anything.
The 'Close' buttons on both the main window(w1) and the dialog(dlg1) do exactly what they say.
On w1 the 'Test 1' button will open the dialog with a DOMODAL command.

Attached are all the files necessary to open the Project and compile it.
Just download it to its own folder and then select File > Open Project from the main menu and select 'myApp.iwp'.

A challenge:
Look at all the source code carefully and see if you think I have placed some code it the wrong location based upon what I have said in previous sections of the tutorial.
If you think you found it post what it is in the Comments topic.

Happy Hunting!!
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library