April 19, 2024, 02:50:22 PM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

3D classes

Started by Ionic Wind Support Team, April 24, 2006, 08:10:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ionic Wind Support Team

Some good news..

I've decided to also do a 3D class library for Aurora as well.  It will pop up during the beta's so keep an eye out for it ;)

Let me know if your interested.

Ionic Wind Support Team

Steven Picard

I'm definately interested in dabbling in 3D.  There's already zillions of things to learn with Aurora in my free time and 3D might as well be added to that list.  ;D

tide

If you need any encouragement I would most heartily welcome 3D!  ;D

Quote from: Ionic Wizard on April 24, 2006, 08:10:45 PM
Some good news..

I've decided to also do a 3D class library for Aurora as well.ÂÃ,  It will pop up during the beta's so keep an eye out for it ;)

Let me know if your interested.

Zen

Yeh im all in for the 3D stuff Paul

Lewis

Barney

Definitely interested. And knowing what you've done with the 3D pak in IBPro I am sure doing 3D in Aurora will be quite enjoyable... :)

Looking forward to check it out as soon as you make it available.

Barney

Rock Ridge Farm (Larry)

Bruce Peaslee

It will be a good addition.
Bruce Peaslee
"Born too loose."
iTired (There's a nap for that.)
Well, I headed for Las Vegas
Only made it out to Needles

kryton9

Thanks, that will be awesome!!

ZeroDog

you've got my attention now :DÂÃ, 

DX or OGL or another alternative?

Parker

OpenGL (a recent version) could actually be used with Aurora, unlike DirectX :(

Barney

Somehow... I would prefere to have Paul's 3D classes. I've tried a lot of 3D libs and engines but Paul's 3D pak for IBPro, even while in beta state was probably the best one from the programmer's point of view. I've learned a lot from it and I am looking forward to his 3D lib for Aurora. I would also prefere it to be DirectX based.

Barney

Ionic Wind Support Team

Thanks Barney. 

I will use a lot of the same rendering techniques.  And it won't have to be as much as a kludge since Aurora supports OOP in the same manner that other compilers do.  I may have figured out how to get the Aurora linker to use the d3dx9 static library, something that was a stumbling block with the other language.

Paul.
Ionic Wind Support Team

Parker

I thought there had to be something, since GNU LD can do it.

Ionic Wind Support Team

GNU LD is a C++ linker and designed for such things, and it would need to links to MFC DLL's in that case.  However I would need to see that since the only compilers the current dx9 SDK is specifically designed for is VC 6.0, VC.NET and VB.NET. 

The problem was the debugging objects Microsoft left in the release version of the static library. Whether by design or mistake it has caused problems with all non Microsoft compilers.  And the fact that there is no official release version of d3dx9.dll, their documentation makes it clear that only the debug DLL is available and it is not to be redistributed.

You don't need the d3dx9 library just to code for dx9 of course.  But it contains the code for things like the animated mesh loader, shader compiler, transformation functions, etc.

Ionic Wind Support Team

Protected

I'm interested. I don't need it right now, but it adds to the value of Aurora, of course, and I may use it in the future...