April 26, 2024, 08:35:44 AM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

IWBasic For Beginners eBook

Started by Columbo, August 16, 2014, 02:35:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Columbo

August 16, 2014, 02:35:15 PM Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 02:37:23 PM by Columbo
Not sure that this is the right forum for this but since it is about IWBasic For Beginners eBook I figured it could be considered a tutorial.

I purchased the eBook IWBasic For Beginners. Although inside the eBook it refers to E-Basic I am assuming that everything applies to IWBasic. My problem however, is that I want to be able to take the eBook with me to read when I am not in front of the computer, for example when traveling on a bus or otherwise away from home. I thought that I could print it out and put it in a 3-ring binder but although there is a workable Print Setup under the "File" menu, the print option button on the toolbar is greyed out. Is there no way to print this eBook so that I can read it other than on my computer?

Thanks

LarryMc

I have never down loaded and looked at the ebook.
I looked "under the hood" of the site and could not locate the ebook so I could look at it.
LarryS is the one who will have to address your question and he usually isn't around the forums on the weekends.

I might remind you that IWBasic comes with a chm, pdf, and ebook version of the help manual.
You can print all or a portion of the 798 pages of the pdf version.

The pdf file for the 2.5 version of IWBasic (currently in beta) has 1067 pages at this time and is a work-in-progress.

Sorry that I was unable to help you.
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

Columbo

Thanks for the effort Larry.  I have downloaded the User Manual in PDF format but, looking at the eBook, it seems to be a very easy to understand and follow step-by-step tutorial that guides you through the creation and compiling of an application. The problem is that I don't always have the time to just sit in front of the computer and read.  :)  I do have a number of occasions where I am away from the house but have some time to read if it was in a printed format. Because it is in a compiled eBook format you can't even cut and paste it into MS Word for printing. I just couldn't understand why there would be a Printer Setup option but then no way to actually print it.  Anyway, I'll just have to wait and see if Larry S. can offer a way to accomplish it.

Thanks again.

BTW: I purchased your IWB+ today as well but I'm still waiting for the link to download.

LarryMc

Quote from: Columbo on August 16, 2014, 08:19:58 PM
BTW: I purchased your IWB+ today as well but I'm still waiting for the link to download.
LarryS is also the one who handles all sales.  When he gets back on he will set up your customer account with IWB+ so you can download it.

LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

Columbo

I already have a customer account that I received when I purchased IWBasic a few days ago.  I checked the download area there but I guess he hasn't got IWB+ setup in there yet.

Rock Ridge Farm (Larry)

Columbo

August 18, 2014, 07:35:03 AM #6 Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 07:36:50 AM by Columbo
Yep!  Got both the IWB+ and the Snippet Manager. I was waiting for the email to tell me that it was ready to be downloaded but didn't receive any emails.

No response on the printing of the eBook though.

Thanks Larry.