March 29, 2024, 09:56:54 AM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

Listview Checkbox

Started by billhsln, July 19, 2014, 08:39:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

billhsln

I am working on a program that loads a listview and I set some checkboxes on and I leave some off depending on my criteria.  The question is, is there a way to tell when some one clicks and changes a checkbox?  I am keeping a count of those that are checked and if the user changes one either by checking it or unchecking it, I would like to be able to update the counter correctly.

Thanks,
Bill
When all else fails, get a bigger hammer.

Sam

Bill, to my knowledge, there is no listview notification message that directly alerts the parent window to a change in the checkbox state.
That being the case, you would need to trap the click notification, do a hit test to get the item number, and manually see if the checkbox state has changed.

Sam

LarryMc

The attached program has everything in it you need to solve your problem.
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

billhsln

Sorry it took me so long to get back.

That is exactly what I needed.  Works exactly as I need it to.  Will upload the finished product so others can us or learn from.

Thanks,
Bill
When all else fails, get a bigger hammer.