April 24, 2024, 03:51:10 AM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

Bug Reports

Started by Brian, October 07, 2013, 12:34:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian

Larry,

New version of IDE doesn't show Filenames and Subroutines when opening a single file,
but works OK with project files

Brian

LarryMc

Quote from: Brian Pugh on October 07, 2013, 12:34:51 PM
Larry,

New version of IDE doesn't show Filenames and Subroutines when opening a single file,
but works OK with project files

Brian
1st, since you are talking about the IDE I moved your post from the IWB+ board to the IWB2.5 board.

What you are describing as a problem is by design.

When you are looking at a single file app there is no reason to have the project list window open.
There is no reason to load the single filename to the "Project" file list because it is the only source file.
There is no reason to load all the subroutines in the "Project" list because they are all listed in the Subroutines combobox for the current file.
There is no reason to load the include file names in the "Project" list because they are all listed in the Include Files combobox for the current file.

The bottom line is the Project List window is to support Projects and not single file apps because it isn't needed for single file apps.
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

Brian

I'll consider my hands slapped, then

LarryMc

Quote from: Brian Pugh on October 08, 2013, 02:08:05 AM
I'll consider my hands slapped, then

;D ;D
Didn't mean for it to come across as a "hand slapping".  Was just trying to explain. ::) :D
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

Brian

That's OK - takes more than that to upset me!