March 28, 2024, 01:48:06 PM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

IWGrid sizing problems

Started by Brian, September 29, 2013, 07:22:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian

Larry,

I'm having bother sizing the grid. If you change the last column's width to greater than 110, say 120,
then the depth of the grid gets smaller! Not bothered about the grid being able to be resized, but I
would like it to fit the width of the screen

Another thing. I have set the Grid Protect to be on. When you click a cell, it alters the font position
and font of the text. I would have thought it would stay as is

And another thing - sorry. Is it possible to have a cell's text centred in the width that you have set
the column width to? This would make it more readable without having to move the scroll bars

Example attached

Brian

LarryMc

I  just woke up and I reckon my brain isn't working yet but I'm having trouble understanding what you mean on some of this.

Quote from: Brian Pugh on September 29, 2013, 07:22:32 AM
I'm having bother sizing the grid. If you change the last column's width to greater than 110, say 120,
then the depth of the grid gets smaller! Not bothered about the grid being able to be resized, but I
would like it to fit the width of the screen
When you say "fit the screen" what are you calling the screen? and what are you calling the "depth" of the grid?
And what I'm seeing is for some reason the scrollbar at the bottom of the grid is missing.
I'll have to look into that.

Another thing. I have set the Grid Protect to be on. When you click a cell, it alters the font position
and font of the text. I would have thought it would stay as is
When you give a cell focus it puts in in edit mode which changes the cell to a regular multi-line edit control that uses its default font.
When the cell(or grid) is protected all it does is make that edit control read-only.
If I didn't do it that way you wouldn't be able to highlight and copy the text in a cell.
Especially if it had more lines than what could normally be displayed in the cell height(like a database memo contents).
I've still got a lot of work to do there.
I've got to figure out what I'm going to do if the cell height only allows fro one line of text to be displayed when there are multiple lines.
Right now there is nothing to tell you there are more lines or if a line is longer than what can be displayed.
Normally you depend on scrollbars to let you know.  But if there is only room for one line and I add a horizontal scrollbar then there's no room left for the text.

And another thing - sorry. Is it possible to have a cell's text centred in the width that you have set
the column width to? This would make it more readable without having to move the scroll bars
It looks to me like with the @aligncenter flag set it is doing what it is suppose to be doing.
So maybe you can take a screen shot of where it isn't centered.

Remember, there is an awful lot of work left to do on the grid and anything and everything is subject to change.
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

Brian

Hi, Larry,
Well, if you comment out the 5th and 6th grid items, the bottom scrollbar appears (obviously not the right-hand
one, as there is nothing to scroll). So when you have more than four items, the bottom scrollbar disappears,
and the right appears to throw all the sizings out
Brian

LarryMc

thanks for the feedback
I'll put it on my list of things to look into
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

Brian

September 30, 2013, 03:06:32 AM #4 Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 12:17:38 PM by Brian Pugh
Larry,
Must be an XP thing. Just tried the program on my Vista PC at work, and six rows show up
perfectly with vertical and horizontal scrollbars. The sizing was a bit out, though. Will have
to have a look at that...
Brian

Edit: Got back home, and the scrollbars appear perfectly now (on XP). What was that
all about? Duh!