April 19, 2024, 09:39:23 AM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

Info Only Update 05-16-2013

Started by LarryMc, May 16, 2013, 04:19:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryMc

While working on the button portion of the help file I rediscovered an inconsistency between the names given to controls and the constants identifying them.  I say rediscovered because Bruce or someone elese had questioned me about it previously.

There are 3 types of buttons: @SYSBUTTON, @BUTTON, and @RGNBUTTON

If you go to the Form Editor and mouse your mouse over the 3 buttons in the control pallet you will see:
Button, Color Button, and Rgn Button tooltips.

If you create each control and then generate the source code you will find that the naming pattern of ID constants and captions is consistent with the tooltip names.

The problem is that there is no Color Button; it is really the @BUTTON and the tooltip that says Button is really identifying the @SYSBUTTON.

I have revised the tooltips to correctly identify the 3 buttons and changed the code generation code to create text and constants that accurately identify the button types.

The changes will be in the next beta release.
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

LarryMc

Before: Select Button and you get SysButton
           Select ClrButton and you get Button
           Select RgnButton and you get RgnButton

Revised: Select SysButton and you get SysButton
             Select Button and you get Button
             Select RgnButton and you get RgnButton

SysButton allows XP themes
Button allows colors
RgnButton allows user defined shapes with colors.
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

GWS

;D  Sounds like a good plan .. ;D

Graham
Tomorrow may be too late ..