April 18, 2024, 09:57:40 PM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

New Version

Started by Brian, May 05, 2013, 12:00:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian

Hi, Larry and Larry,

Just managed to completely compile my latest program, after a bit of tweaking with the
include, lib and bin files

I set the preferences to those of my IWB 2.09, to make sure I was doing things the same,
and I was surprised that the new version compiled to 8,704 bytes (8.5kb) more than
2.09. What is happening to cause this?

Not complaining, just seems a large jump in size. Going through it all this weekend,
to see if I spot anything

Brian

LarryMc

The "compiler" in the beta version is the EXACT same "compiler" in the 2.095 version.

So, right now I can't tell you what the difference is.

I'm not sure the compiler options you set are getting picked up because LarryS has to modifiy the "compiler" to look for the settings in the new ini file since the beta version doesn't use the registry any more.
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

Brian

Larry,

Solved! The new version is not picking up the -O1 switch in the
Project > Advanced > Assembler Options edit control

Brian

LarryMc

Quote from: Brian Pugh on May 06, 2013, 05:28:55 AM
Larry,

Solved! The new version is not picking up the -O1 switch in the
Project > Advanced > Assembler Options edit control

Brian

OOps - I'll have to look into that because it is in a different section of code.
LarryMc
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

LarryMc

Found where I was failing to add the assembler option to the parameters passed to the assembler.
After fix:
compiled prjoject 154,252 then with -O1 150,668
single file  78,176 then with -O1 68,448

so it is now picking up the option

fix will be in next update

thanks
LarryMc