April 17, 2024, 06:55:54 PM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

Toolbar Open file bmp with MRU part

Started by RitchieF, May 03, 2013, 10:36:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RitchieF

How do build such a toolbar element ?
How to find the mouse position within this toolbar element to switch between the open file part and the MRU list part of the bmp?

Thanks

Richard

aurelCB

RitchieF

I mean the Most Recently Used file list which appears if you hover the mouse over the little black triangle on the right side of the Open Icon

-Rich

LarryMc

Quote from: RitchieF on May 03, 2013, 02:38:53 PM
I mean the Most Recently Used file list which appears if you hover the mouse over the little black triangle on the right side of the Open Icon

-Rich
Post a screenshot of what you are talking about.
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

RitchieF

Here it is . Clicking on the left side brings up a file open dialog, clicking the black triangle shows the most recently used files to select

Richard

LarryMc

As far as I know those type of menus are built using .NET and any computer you run that application on has to have the NET foundation classes installed.
I have no idea how to build those type of menus or if is possible without all that NET stuff.

Maybe someone else knows more.
LarryMc
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

LarryMc

I did a little digging.

The type of menus you are talking about are part of the
Ribbon UI which is a COM object

More info and the API is here:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd316910(v=vs.85).aspx
LarryMc

RitchieF

Thanks Larry,

try to understand how to use it  ;D

Richard