March 29, 2024, 05:21:04 AM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

Info Only Update 02-13-2013

Started by LarryMc, February 13, 2013, 09:21:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryMc

Continuing beta testing revealed a problem with opening/closing the Project and Output windows while the main window is maximized.
For those that have followed the IDE development they know that these two windows reside outside the main window but docked to the main window.
Current IWB Users  know that the current equivalent windows reside inside the main window.

When I was working on that part of the code I couldn't figure out how to put them inside the main window's client area and have them not respond to the MDI child window commands. So, they wound up on the outside because that was what I could figure out how to do.

When this current issue was brought to my attention I revisited the code.
When writing the original code I had to override the default code for the main window client area to make room for the tab control that identifies source files.
I realized I could expand that technique to put the project and ouput windows inside the main window but not in the main windows client area.

I completely rewrote that that code and now the two windows reside inside the main; very similar to the current IDE.
The project window will still be either on the left or right when it is visible.  However, the Output window will only appear at the bottom of the main.  It can no longer be moved to the top(which I didn't think anyone would really use anyway).
Attached is a screenshot of the new layout.

I am now back to the Help file.
I'm currently working on the How-To/Projects section with 5 of 11 topics completed.
The PDF version currently has 893 pages.

When I finish the How-To/Projects section I will probably post a new demo when I post theupdated help file.

LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

Bill-Bo

LarryMc,

The GUI looks damn good!!

Thanks to Larry, I'm checking out 2.09 as compared to my 1.8.
Looking forward to 2.5 or 3.0.

Bill