April 17, 2024, 11:21:56 PM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

Info Only Update 01-18-2013

Started by LarryMc, January 18, 2013, 07:20:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryMc

I'm still plugging away on the new help file.  Some days life gets in the way and I don't get much, if anything, done.

Just wanted to mention that LarryS has supplied me with a new version of the parser with some changes I needed to support the new IDE.  The changes he made are required since the new IDE will not use registry entries.

When I finish the section of the help file I'm currently working on I will do my testing of what he has provided.

As for the help file; it's like the old kids story..... "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can...."
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

LarryMc

I have been working on the compiling of the IDE and setup program.
Using my recent discussion elswhere I have it structured so that  I have 5 different projects for the IDE that all use the same source code including the master resource file.
I also have the installer source file setup to handle the 5 different IDE versions.
I have the define statements in the compiler options dialog created for the 5 versions.

I am now in the process of creating the necessary #IF statements.

There are isolated code sections in the main source file and in the installer source where version numbers for each of the 5 IDE versions are stored so the installer and the IDE About box will contain the correct info.

BTW, the 5 IDE versions are:
IWB2.5 demo - free version with no compiling code
IWB2.5 beta  - the current development version
IWB2.5 rel     - the official release which I understand will be a free upgrade
IWB3.0 beta  - the development version of the 64bit version
IWB3.0 rel     - the official release of the 64 bit version
Once the "rel" versions are released the beta sections may be deleted unless they facilitate future development.

At some point in time this structure MAY, I repeat MAY, be expanded to add
Aurora1.0 demo - free version with no compiling code
Aurora1.0 beta  - the  development version
Aurora1.0 rel     - the official release
CBasic2.0 beta  - the  development version
CBasic2.0 rel     - the official release
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library