April 26, 2024, 09:35:42 AM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

File CleanUp Idea

Started by LarryMc, November 19, 2012, 03:41:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryMc

Right now the CleanUp tool has a checkbox for each of the temp file types that a user is most likely to want to delete.

I was thinking about changing it  so that it is a list view.
Each file type would be a line in the listview and have a checkbox so the user can check which ones are to be deleted.
There would be a button to toggle all or none checked
There would also be an add/delete setup so the User could add other file extensions to the listview.
And the listview could be reset to the defaults(the ones now) with a reset button.
The selections would be stored in the ini file so they could be remembered from session to session.

So, I'm wondering if anyone would see any value in the extra flexibility.

If there is any interest shown I will rewrite it when I get to the point of writing its documentation.
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

Doc

I can't speak for anyone else, but to me, flexibility seems to always be a good thing.

The real question is to whether it would add value to the product that is on par with the work involved.... and then again, sometimes it might just come down to what the person doing the coding wants. It's always easier to make suggestions, recommendations and to offer opinions when someone else is doing the work. :)

-Doc-

Barney

I agree with Doc and would appreciate if Larry would add options mentioned above. It would certainly add (not so small) value to the whole product.

Barney

LarryMc

Adding that flexibility is not a major coding issue since all aspects of it I have done at one time or another.

Still would like other comments but it's going to get done.
LarryMc
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

LarryMc

Got the new User interface done for the File Cleanup dialog.
Need to add code to add/delete and read/write info to ini file.
LarryMc

LarryMc

The new File Cleaner is done.
I will probably update the download tomorrow.
LarryMc