March 28, 2024, 02:58:44 AM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

Info Only Update 09-15-2012

Started by LarryMc, September 15, 2012, 01:37:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryMc

Getting back up to speed after traveling over 1,000 miles during the last week to see our new great-grandson and some other elderly relatives.

I believe I'm up to date on fixing all the reported bugs and assume LarryS is still working on the new debugger.
So, I don't have any coding issues to work on.

My attention now turns to the help manual full time.
I have already modified EVERY page in some form or fashion.
I have moved some topics around and have created the place holders for numerous new topics.

I have completed a topic intended for those somewhat new to programming.

I am now working on fleshing out the section of the IDE user interface.  As I did with the help files for my Chart Designer and my Button Designer there will be a lot of images in this portion of the help file.

As I get a section completed I will update the download so that anyone who is interested can follow my progress and see what it looks like.

As always, any comments/suggestions are welcome.
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

LarryMc

Continuing to work on the structure of new help file.
As of this moment there are 84 more topics in the new help file than there are in the current help.
Where possible I am passing text from my visual designer (to be later edited) than typing everything from scratch.

The current WIP usersguide is available for download for those that may be interested in where I am headed.
This morning's effort was adding the "How-To" section.

Click here to download the WIP help file.
Warning:
Do not unzip this file in the same folder
as your current help file.
They have the same name.
LarryMc
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

LarryMc

Continuing work on fleshing out the help file.
Currently working of the Main Menu section of the IDE's GUI.

So far I have 67 graphics (as opposed to the original help file which has 11).

When I complete the GUI section I will post an update.
LarryMc

LarryMc

Still working on the help file even though I have fixed a couple of issues identified by Bruce.
Now have 115 graphics ( 104 more than what I started with)

For those that don't remember.... I hate working on help files!!!! :'( :'( :'(
LarryMc