April 26, 2024, 02:21:22 PM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

IDE and help file(s)

Started by RitchieF, September 05, 2012, 09:11:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RitchieF

Closing the IDE should also close the help files if opened .

Richard

LarryMc

The current IDE has never done that.
I'm not sure what kind of problems trying to do that I would encounter but I will look into it.
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

GWS

Hi,

Not really a problem - the Users Guide is a separate program - there's an icon in the main folder to start it (although I usually fire it up from the IDE)  :)

It's easy enough to close when you've finished reading it.

best wishes, :)

Graham
Tomorrow may be too late ..

Barney

As Graham said it, "not really a problem". I also usually fire the help from the IDE but leave it active even when I exit the IDE. It's pretty useful to have it open just to check some things in a leisure manner. Larry, if you enable closing the help when exiting the IDE I'd hope you'll leave a choice switch somewhere so that some of us can continue working just as we are used to.

Keep up the great work you are doing.

Barney

LarryMc

Quote from: Barney on September 06, 2012, 02:50:37 AM
...I'd hope you'll leave a choice switch somewhere so that some of us can continue working just as we are used to.
Absolutely
LarryMc
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

RitchieF

Looks like a stupid idea  ;)

Richard

LarryMc

Quote from: RitchieF on September 06, 2012, 08:24:16 AM
Looks like a stupid idea  ;)

Richard
No one is saying that. 
And like I said, I will look into it.
LarryMc

RitchieF

QuoteNo one is saying that.
I know. Stupid meaning more in the sense of not necessary

Richard