April 24, 2024, 04:33:31 PM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

Info Only Update 08-21-2012

Started by LarryMc, August 21, 2012, 03:13:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryMc

I've been working on some bugs that Bruce has identified.

In the Form editor if you added a static control it would appear as a status bar in the preview but would be a static in the generated code.  There was a mismatch in a table that identifies control types and the ids assigned by IWB.
I got that fixed but while testing I noticed that there was a difference between where controls were positioned while in the process of designing the layout, where they were located in the preview, and the values in the x,y values generated in the generated code.
  The problem is basically that I was not accounting for any of the possible variations in border sizes.  Also I hadn't added any code to support ToolWindow captions.  I'm in the middle of fixing the position code that is used to create the preview( after that is fixed I will fix the code for the code generation part).

I had to put the above work on hold when Bruce identified a drag-to-resize problem with the main window.  As it turned out that wasn't a problem.  But it did show me that the resize handles were visible on the 3 sides that can't be dragged on both the project and output windows.  Got that fixed.

Then Bruce identified a bug with the Find and Replace features.
The Find feature seemed to work fine unless you selected text at the very top left corner of the editor window.  It responded different whether you selected the text left to right or right to left.  And the Find Next did not work when in that top left corner.  Got that fixed. Also, the CTRL-H shortcut wasn't working - fixed.
Then Bruce had problems with the Replace function.  Again the problems were with selected text in that upper left corner.
But also, the ReplaceAll would replace the first few entries properly then it would inster code in odd places and even chop off lines at the bottom of the file.

I spent a couple of days trying to figure out what was going on (remember this is all associated with the Scintilla control).
I finally just trashed all the associated code and started over.  It appears to be working properly now. So, I'll go back to working on the form designer code.

Some may ask how could I give something with so many errors to Bruce for testing.
Some of this stuff I thought I was totally through with.
It all goes back to how forgetful I am. I wasn't kidding at all about how bad my memory is at times.

But hopefully Bruce will find all the bugs and I'll keep plugging away with fixes.

FYI - Sapero's Header files will most likely be an install option in the final release of the IDE.
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library