April 26, 2024, 03:51:27 PM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

Compiler suggestions?

Started by ZeroDog, April 23, 2012, 11:09:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZeroDog

I noticed that none of the sections on the forums for the various compilers have any "Suggestions" sections. 

I know some of the compilers may not be getting any updates, such as CBasic and IWBasic 2.0, but maybe there should be one for IWB3.

I was thinking about some things that could be improved in IWB3 from IWB2, such as some extended features for the inhouse embedded browser stuff (such as getting the actual URL for the webpage you're on, since the current @GETNAVURL doesn't always return the right URL, sometimes it will return the URL of the last loaded advert on the page), but I couldn't really find a good place to post it.

What do you guys think? Do you think it (or they) would get used much?  Would it be easier and better to just create a sticky thread in the IWB3 development section for suggestions?

LarryMc

Quote from: ZeroDog on April 23, 2012, 11:09:55 PM
What do you guys think? Do you think it (or they) would get used much?  Would it be easier and better to just create a sticky thread in the IWB3 development section for suggestions?
Here it is.

LarryMc
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

ZeroDog

:D

You confused me for a moment.  At first, I thought you were talking about this thread... then I looked at the location at the top, and thought "oh noes... I must have missed this section..."

Took me a few moments to realize that you had just created the section and moved the thread there.

I'll put some suggestions in when I dig out certain parts of my code dealing with the inhouse embedded browser.

Thanks  :)

aurelCB

I must say and be honest like always i am not directly interested for IWB 3.0
but as user of EB i must say few things...
First i would like to see more optimization and speed up execution.
Loops are fast but not fast enough like in some other compilers.

LarryMc

Quote from: aurelCB on August 05, 2012, 12:36:50 PM
I must say and be honest like always i am not directly interested for IWB 3.0
but as user of EB i must say few things...
First i would like to see more optimization and speed up execution.
Loops are fast but not fast enough like in some other compilers.
Are you saying you are still using EB and not IWB?
Did you do a bench mark like on the other site for strings?
If so, what did it come out to?
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

aurelCB

yes i still use EB from time to time
and no i do not do any test.
But you can because you have IWB.
If is speed increased then is good ....