April 26, 2024, 05:57:37 PM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

Using a TextBox and a Bitmap as a Button

Started by GWS, February 08, 2012, 11:45:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GWS

Hi,

Here's a little test program illustrating the use of a TextBox containing a Bitmap as a button.

Note the use of a slightly tricky string as part of the Textbox definition.
This allows the named bitmap to be picked up from the starting directory.

The bitmap can of course be any interesting picture or graphic that suits your program.

best wishes, :)

Graham
Tomorrow may be too late ..

LarryMc

LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

GWS

It's fun isn't it ? ..  ;D

There are so many fascinating features to this Basic language.

all the best, :)

Graham

aurelCB

QuoteThere are so many fascinating features to this Basic language.
Yeah i know that, but unfortunatly there is a such a low interest for Creative Basic. :-\

GWS

Hi Aurel,

You are right of course ..  :(

I keep trying to show folks how useful it is, with my limited abilities - but I don't know what they are using instead for their applications.

It would be nice to know how others perceive programming, and why they choose to use other tools.

I have always followed a policy of not criticising other languages, since whatever their quirks, it's great that they have been developed.

But I've tried many and still returned to CB or IWB as (for me) the most pleasant to use.

Programming isn't the easiest pastime at the best of times, so using any language that you feel is always getting in the way of creativity is not very enjoyable.

Perhaps I should start a thread in another section to ask what others think about the various languages currently available, and why they choose as they do.  ::)  The snag though is this Forum has always frowned on discussing other languages - focussing only on in-house products.

I sometimes wonder if it's worth struggling with programming, even as a hobby.

all the best, :)

Graham

LarryMc

QuoteI sometimes wonder if it's worth struggling with programming, even as a hobby.

It is for for me since I'm physically unable to much else; and it makes me use my brain instead of becoming a couch potato.

LarryMc
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

GWS

Hi Larry,

.. and I'm sure everyone is most grateful for your efforts ..  :)

I reckon you work too hard though .. take it easy, and enjoy what you do  ;D

best wishes, :)

Graham

aurelCB

QuoteI have always followed a policy of not criticising other languages

Heh i can't say this for me - i am against python...

QuotePerhaps I should start a thread in another section to ask what others think about the various languages currently

Maybe yes...