April 25, 2024, 07:31:30 AM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

Problems compiling

Started by Doc, January 08, 2012, 04:27:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doc

Hey folks, I decided to take the Linux version for another test spin, but have been unable to actually create an executable so far. In the past, I've never really had any problems running the sample files and everything seems to be setup correctly this time around.

File saved.
Deleting files: .asm + .o + executable
Compile...
lines.eba:32: warning: label alone on a line without a colon might be in errorlines.eba:67: warning: label alone on a line without a colon might be in error
Compile done.
Linking...
/usr/lib/libebasic.a(conmain.o): In function `_start2':conmain.asm:(.text+0x5a): undefined reference to `_ib_main'
Linking done.
Running...
Executable not found.
Running done.

..other than a couple of warnings that I think were normal from the past, it's doing everything but creating the executable file. Anyone out there still playing with the Linux stuff to see if it works on your end?  I suspect that there may be something non-standard with this distro I'm running is the reason I'm asking. I know that the Linux version is pretty much at a dead standstill and likely to never be resurrected, so don't waste a lot of time trying to satisfy my curiosity. ;)

-Doc-

Rock Ridge Farm (Larry)

I started looking at the Linux version over Christmas.
Did not get too far but did get it to the point it will compile and produce an executable.
I build a IWLinux version set up for working on it. I will make the entire version of Linux with EB available
in the near future. I am trying to update the code to the latest version.

I am also working on the 64 bit code - problems with the old in-line assembly code - 64 bit does not support that.
Getting close on this one - Had to make lots of changes, pointers, long, int, .... all needed to be checked and modified to
work 64 bit.

Anyone want to help out with either project - let me know - I am always open to help/suggestions/comments.

My biggest problem is time - 1 more year till wife lets me retire and work is heaping new projects on me before I go.
I am too old for all these 60 hr weeks.

Larry

Doc

That sounds really good. :)
As I mentioned, there isn't any kind of real need or rush from my end since I still must work in Windows about 90% of the time these days. My passion for Linux and especially for IWB for Linux is mostly one of general interest and wishful thinking. ;)

Not sure how much help I might be, but if you need me to test something for ya or can think of anything I might do to assist, then give me a holler.

Thanks for the info Larry!

-Doc-