April 26, 2024, 04:08:42 PM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

Help with Database

Started by Brian, November 17, 2011, 12:22:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian

Hello,

The included example is a direct lift of Paul Turley's address book (thanks, Paul),
modified for my own use

What I want to do is move through the records with the cursor keys (either up/down
or left/right) as an option to using the two buttons. And maybe add PageUp and
PageDown, also, to get to the start and end of the database quickly

Any ideas? It would need to know that you were scrolling through the records,
and not actually editing a record!

Also, where it prints RECID and RECNO to the screen, when you get to the 10th item
in the database, and then work backwards, it is not clearing the text properly. How
do I get round this?

Thanks for any help,

Brian

Brian

Hi,

I could really do with some help here. If you run the file, and select View as List,
you are presented with a listview of the data. You can double-click on a line, which
is supposed to drop you to the record you have just double-clicked

In a word, I can't do it. I've tried all different ways, and been nearly there, but it won't

Don't need to change any indexes, just for it to jump to the record just clicked

Thanks for any help,

Brian

PS: Apologies to "The Life of Brian" for the names!

LarryMc

OK, take a look at your modified code.
You were on the right trackbut you did like I do (more often than I care to admit) and just didn't think it logically through.

You had the code correct for double-clicking the listview and obtaining a policy number.
You called InitSelect to loaded all the records.
what you didn't do is add the code to loop through records until you found a record that matched what you had picked from the list view. When a match is found you call the Copy..(1) which you had.

In the process of looping through the while loop we also had to take care of enabling the previous and next buttons.

LarryMc
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

Brian

Larry,

Nearly missed this one! It didn't come up when I pressed "Show unread posts since last visit" - strange!

You ought to know by now that I don't do logical, although during the day I really tried to get it right,
and I was nearly there, but it kept showing the previous record to the one I wanted to see - only
pressing the next button showed the right one

Anyway, your solution (as always) is more elegant than mine

Many thanks for getting me out of this hole - I can start finishing it up now

Thanks again,

Brian