March 29, 2024, 04:05:05 AM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

Missing Application Icon

Started by Doc, July 10, 2011, 02:39:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doc

July 10, 2011, 02:39:01 PM Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 03:25:13 PM by Doc
I've been playing around with the new IWB+ designer, honking the horn, kicking the tires and generally just taking it for a test spin, but ran into some weirdness that I cannot figure out.... not for sure it's even a IWB+ problem, but here goes.

As shown in the image above, I have an icon resource (blue circles) that is compiling into the executable okay and is being displayed correctly in the file manager as "TabTest.exe", but for some reason it doesn't display in the caption bar (red circle) or Win 7 taskbar when running the executable.

FWIW, I closed the IWB+ project and recompiled using the trial version (LarryS ??)  of IWB 2.0 compiler interface and got the same results.

Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong?

-Doc-

LarryMc

And to think I was starting to think I wrote a perfect program with no bugs on the first try. :D

Thanks for reporting, will look into it.

LarryMc

LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

LarryMc

Doc,
Works fine for me.
Maybe it is your icon file?
16x16
post your icon file and I'll try it.

LarryMc
LarryMc
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

Doc

Quote from: LarryMc on July 10, 2011, 10:09:30 PM
Doc,
Works fine for me.
Maybe it is your icon file?
16x16
post your icon file and I'll try it.

LarryMc

I was definitely trying to use an icon that is something other than 16x16 and in further testing, I'm still having some trouble that will require more sussing out. I'll play with it again this afternoon or evening.

One thing to note though...
Windows is and has been capable of using icons with much greater size and color resolution since the days of XP (now up to 256x256 currently in Win 7) so I never imagined that there would be a problem.
Icons @ 16x16 are pretty old school in appearance on a modern OS.

-Doc-

LarryMc

It's not my coding.
As you can see, all I'm doing is calling the loadimage command and then sending a windows message to make the app use it
main_hicon = LOADIMAGE("c:\__vd200\images\spanner.ico",@IMGICON)
$IFNDEF WM_SETICON
$DEFINE WM_SETICON 0x0080
$ENDIF
SENDMESSAGE main, WM_SETICON, 0, main_hicon

So, I can't do anything to fix that.

LarryMc
LarryMc