April 25, 2024, 09:12:51 AM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

My "Master Piece" another converter

Started by Hobo, April 20, 2011, 06:13:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hobo

Hello All,

I know the last thing you wanted to see another converter. Well, being a complete beginner, I consider this one my “Master Piece”. The coding was not difficult, but the time I spent on was more than I thought before.

I am actually using this program to aid my work so there are special calculations that may not useful to anybody else. I think the code may not as tight or elegant as it should be, but easy to read and can be changed easily.

Just a couple of notes:  The tab action has a flaw. Can be picked 18 pixels (tab thickness) below the actual tab area. The first pick is fine, because you are still on the main panel, but after the other panels activated the 18 pixels shift downward. I could not fix it and it was just not worth to spend more time on it. Otherwise it works fine. Also, I noticed under MS-Windows 7 (That is I use) the program looks much nicer and more accurate in size. Go figures.

And finally I must thank you all - could not do this without your help.   

Hobo

Egil

Very nice tool!
This is the kind of programs I like. Thanks for sharing.

Egil
Support Amateur Radio  -  Have a ham  for dinner!

Haim

Hello,
Nice and useful program.
I think there is a mistake in yhe conversion from Gallons to Litres.
Please check this out.
Haim

Hobo

Hello Haim,
You are correct mistake got in. I fixed that easily, but unfortunately I found another mistake when enter 0 Fahrenheit to get Celsius. This one however is not so easy fix, not by me. I understand why do not work, because this one is a "Cuckoo egg". This is the only conversion where 0 has a value and the way I programmed fails for this one. Of course it works if you type in for example .001, but still I would like to get it right. I am working on it, but until then here is an update.
Hobo